Knowles was educated at The King's School, Canterbury, at Bedford School, and at Worcester College, Oxford. He was admitted as a solicitor in 1900 before entering Ely Theological College in 1905. He was ordained the following year and his first curacy was at Ramsey, Huntingdonshire after which he was Rector of Woodwalton. He was a temporary chaplain to the British Armed Forces during World War I. Later he was Rector of Brampton, then Upton and finally Diddington.
- genealogical website
- "Deaths", The Times, 12 December 1944, p1.
- London Gazette, 29 June 1926
- Cambridgeshire Archives
- Who was Who 1897-2007, London, A & C Black, 2007, ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- The Times, 3 February 1900, p4, "The Law Society".
- 29 September 1916
- war time memories
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1940-41, Oxford, OUP, 1941
|Church of England titles|
|Archdeacon of Huntingdon
William Andrewes Uthwatt
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|