Kenneth Lane (physicist)
Kenneth Lane at Harvard University, 2005
|Alma mater||Georgia Institute of Technology
Johns Hopkins University
|Doctoral advisor||Chung Wook Kim|
|Notable awards||Sakurai Prize (2011)|
Kenneth Douglas Lane is an American theoretical particle physicist and professor of physics at Boston University. Lane is best known for his role in the development of extended technicolor models of physics beyond the Standard Model.
His physics research focuses on the problems of electroweak and flavor symmetry breaking. With Estia J. Eichten, Lane co-invented extended technicolor. He and Eichten also contributed to early work on charmonium with Kurt Gottfried, Tom Kinoshita and Tung-Mow Yan.
In 1984 he coauthored "Supercollider Physics" (with Eichten, Ian Hinchliffe and Chris Quigg), which has strongly influenced the quest for future discoveries at hadron colliders such as the Fermilab Tevatron the SSC, and the LHC at CERN. In 2011 Dr Lane with Chris Quigg, Estia Eichten, and Ian Hinchliffe won the J. J. Sakurai Prize for Theoretical Particle Physics "For their work, separately and collectively, to chart a course of the exploration of TeV scale physics using multi-TeV hadron colliders" 
- Kenneth Douglas Lane at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Estia Eichten and Kenneth Lane (1980). "Dynamical breaking of weak interaction symmetries". Physics Letters B90: 125–130. Bibcode:1980PhLB...90..125E. doi:10.1016/0370-2693(80)90065-9.
- Kenneth D. Lane on Spires.
- Faculty page at Boston University.
- E. Eichten, K. Gottfried, T. Kinoshita, J. Kogut, K. D. Lane, and T.-M. Yan (1975). "Spectrum of Charmed Quark-Antiquark Bound States". Physical Review Letters 34: 369–372. Bibcode:1975PhRvL..34..369E. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.34.369.
- E. Eichten, K. Gottfried, T. Kinoshita, K. D. Lane, T.-M. Yan (1978). "Charmonium: The Model". Physical Review D17: 3090–3117. Bibcode:1978PhRvD..17.3090E. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.17.3090.
- E. Eichten, K. Gottfried, T. Kinoshita, K. D. Lane and Tung-Mow Yan (1980). "Charmonium: Comparison With Experiment". Physical Review D21: 203–233. Bibcode:1980PhRvD..21..203E. doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.21.203.
- E. Eichten, I. Hinchliffe, K. Lane and C. Quigg (1984). "Supercollider Physics". Reviews of Modern Physics 56: 579–707. Bibcode:1984RvMP...56..579E. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.56.579.
- American Physical Society - J. J. Sakurai Prize Winners
|This article about an American physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|