|Kenny A. Troutt|
Mount Vernon, IL, U.S.
|Occupation||Founder and former Excel Communications CEO|
|Spouse(s)||Lisa E. Copeland|
Forbes ranked #1,222th richest person in the world (2014)
Kenny A. Troutt (born 1948) was the founder of Excel Communications, a Texas-based telecommunications company that used multi-level marketing to offer long distance phone service. Troutt became a billionaire in 1998 when Excel was sold to Teleglobe for $3.5 billion. As of 2014, his net worth was approx. US$1.5 billion.
Troutt is a major Republican donor, and has contributed to American Crossroads, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, and "Kentuckians for Strong Leadership", a super PAC backing Mitch McConnell. Troutt's son, Preston, has also donated to Republican Party candidates.
- The Excel Phenomenon by James Robinson, Bantam Doubleday. Inc
- "#1222 Kenny Troutt". Forbes. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Slater, Wayne (16 July 2012). "Romney reports more than $13 million raised in Texas". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- Clozel, Lalita (17 October 2014). ""Grassroots" Groups Flooded with Big Donor Cash in Third Quarter". Center for Responsive Politics. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Melby, Caleb (15 July 2013). "Billionaire Kenny Troutt Founded America's Most Indulgent, Most Successful Youth Basketball Team". Forbes. Retrieved 26 October 2014.