|Birth name||Kenneth Robert Vasoli|
May 20, 1984 |
|Genres||Punk pop, emo, post-hardcore, indie rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass, guitars|
|Associated acts||The Starting Line, Person L, Vacationer, Statue|
Kenneth Robert "Kenny" Vasoli (born May 20, 1984 in Abington, Pennsylvania) is the lead singer and bassist of The Starting Line and Vacationer. Vasoli attended Hatboro-Horsham High School. At the age of 14, he was invited to join the band after Matt Watts read his AOL Instant Messenger profile. His previous bands include The Prize Fight and Smash Adams. In early 2004, Vasoli also had a short-lived side-project called Statue, with members of The Prize Fight and Inkling.
On September 29, 2010 it was announced on Say Anything's website that Vasoli would be playing bass for them on their upcoming fall tour with Motion City Soundtrack, and Saves The Day, replacing ex-bassist Alex Kent.
Kenny has performed guest vocals and played bass for many artists including The Early November, Hot Rod Circuit, The Prize Fight, Death In The Park, Shadows in Lakeland, The Almost, The Junior Varsity, Hit The Lights, Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer, Mae, Valencia, and Say Anything. He provided guest vocals on the song So Close by the pop punk/hardcore band Such Gold, from their 2010 release Pedestals. He is also the lead vocalist and guitarist in Person L and, most recently, Vacationer. Vasoli wrote a song titled "Yule Be Sorry" with Aaron Gillespie (The Almost, Underoath) for Happy Christmas Vol. 4, a collection of Christmas songs.
On May 28, 2011 at Slam Dunk Records Leeds music festival, The Starting Line played a 50-minute set during which Kenny Vasoli announced "People keep asking us when we're getting back together, and the answer I have is yesterday. And what happens when bands get together? They write music. So, we have a new song for you." The song is entitled 'Luck'. This announcement from Vasoli finally puts to an end any speculation that the band were just back together for the occasional show 
- "Musica". Welcome to Quik Stop!. Retrieved August 26, 2006.
- "The Starting Line runs full force onto the music scene". The Daily Vidette. Retrieved August 25, 2006.[dead link]
- "Interview with Kenny". ThisRide.net. Retrieved August 26, 2006.
- "The Starting Line Guitar Tabs and Chords". Guitar Masta.net. Retrieved August 25, 2006.
- "Statue". Best Of Me - A Starting Line Fansite. Retrieved August 26, 2006.
- "Room's Too Cold by Early November CD". CD Universe. Retrieved August 25, 2006.
- "The Prize Fight: The Process (CD EP) Review". Emotional Punk. Archived from the original on March 6, 2006. Retrieved August 25, 2006.
- "The Everglow Special Edition (CD/DVD) Release Info". Tooth & Nail Records. Retrieved August 25, 2006.
- "Interview for Alter The Press". Alter The Press. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
|This article about a United States rock singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|