Kenpachiro Satsuma (薩摩剣八郎 Satsuma Kenpachirō?) (born May 27, 1947, in Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese actor. He is probably best known for playing Godzilla in the Heisei series of Godzilla films (1984–1995), but played other giant monsters (daikaijū) like Gigan and Hedorah. While filming Godzilla movies Satsuma would regularly pass out on the set due to lack of oxygen while wearing the poorly ventilated and heavy rubber suits.
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971) as Hedorah
- Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) as Gigan
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) as Gigan
- Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974)
- G.I. Samurai (1979)
- The Return of Godzilla (1984) as Godzilla
- Pulgasari (1985) as Pulgasari
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) as Godzilla
- Monster Planet Of Godzilla (1994) as Godzilla
- Yamato Takeru (1994) as Yamata no Orochi
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994) as Godzilla
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) as Godzilla (Misspelled as Kenhachiro Satsuma in the extended credits featured in the International version)
- "Split Screen: The men behind the masks". Yahoo! Movies. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Roberto, John Rocco. Shigeko Kojima (trans.) Winter 1999. "An Interview with Godzilla: Kenpachiro Satsuma", Kaiju Fan Online.
- Kenpachiro Satsuma at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|