|League||Continental Indoor Football League|
|Team history||Kentucky Xtreme (2013-future)|
|Based in||Louisville, KY|
|Colors||Red, Black, White|
|Head coach||LaKunta Farmer|
|General Manager||Victor Cole|
The Kentucky Xtreme are a Professional Indoor Football team based in Louisville, Kentucky. The team is currently slated to become a member of the Continental Indoor Football League in 2013 as an expansion team. The Xtreme will be the first indoor football team in the Louisville area since the Louisville Fire, a member of af2, folded in 2008. The co-owners of the Xtreme are Victor Cole & Mario Urrutia. The Xtreme will play their home games at Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky
Play begins: 2013
The Xtreme came into existence in 2012, when Victor Cole and five other partners, decided to use the money they had saved up from their tours in Afghanistan. In 2012, the Xtreme played a preseason exhibition game against the Evansville Rage, of the Continental Indoor Football League, losing 26-56. After the 2012 CIFL season, the Xtreme played another exhibition game, this time against the Indianapolis Enforcers, also of the CIFL. They Xtreme defeated the Enforcers 20-16. In July 2012, the Xtreme announced that they would be playing at Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky. With the arena in place, the team named former Louisville Fire assistant coach, Roy McMillen as their first ever head coach.
The Xtreme will return to the CIFL in 2014. In August, 2013, the Xtreme named LaKunta Farmer the team's second head coach in franchise history. In November 2013, former Arena Football League Rookie of the Year Award winner, Mario Urrutia joined the Xtreme ownership group, and will also play on the team.
Kentucky Xtreme roster
Rookies in italics
Coaches of note
Note: Statistics are correct through the end of the 2013 CIFL season.
|Kentucky Xtreme staff|
Statistics and records
Note: The Finish, Wins, Losses, and Ties columns list regular season results and exclude any postseason play.
|League Champions||Conference Champions||Division Champions||Wild Card Berth||League Leader|
|Season||Team||League||Conference||Division||Regular season||Postseason Results|
|2013||2013||CIFL||4th||7||3||0||Lost CIFL semifinal (Erie) 6-55|
|Totals||7||3||0||All-time regular season record (2013)|
|0||1||-||All-time postseason record (2013)|
|7||4||0||All-time regular season and postseason record (2013)|
* Season currently in progress
- Steve Jones (September 5, 2012). "Kentucky Xtreme plans to bring arena football back to Freedom Hall". Courier-Journal. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Evansville Rage plays preason indoor football game on Friday". Courier Press. March 8, 2012.
- Brent Adams (May 21, 2012). "Xtreme Defeates Enforcers 20 16 In Exhibition Game". www.kentuckyxtreme.com. Kentucky Xtreme.
- "CIFL Welcomes 2 Kentucky Teams". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. July 23, 2012. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Kentucky Xtreme to Return to the CIFL for 2014". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. July 23, 2013. Retrieved July 23, 2013.
- Jonathan Lintner (August 17, 2013). "Doss' LaKunta Farmer tabbed as Kentucky Xtreme arena football team's coach". www.courier-journal.com. Gannett. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "Former Louisville receiver Mario Urrutia buys into Xtreme". www.courier-journal.com. work=www.courier-journal.com. November 20, 2013. Retrieved November 22, 2013.