|Type||Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: KENZ|
|Industry||Engineering and construction|
|Headquarters||St Helier, Jersey|
|Key people||Tan Sri Mohd Razali Abdul Rahma (Chairman)
Christian Brown (CEO)
|Revenue||$1,412.6 million (2012)|
|Operating income||$78.0 million (2012)|
|Net income||$79.1 million (2012)|
Kentz Corp. Ltd. is an engineering and construction business serving clients primarily in the oil and gas, petrochemical and mining and metals sectors. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was founded by Michael Francis Kent as an electrical contracting business in Clonmel in South Tipperary in 1919. The business was taken over by his brother in 1948, and then by his son Frank in 1963. The business, which had been renamed MF Kent, expanded rapidly during the 1970s and 1980s as it upgraded the Irish telecommunications network. In 1987, it was acquired by Gus Kearney, its general manager, who expanded operations into Singapore, Spain and Africa.
However, in 1992, the company made heavy losses on the refurbishment of the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya and struggled to survive. Two years later, the Malaysian group, Peremba, stepped in and bought a majority stake in the business, providing much-needed capital.
The company changed its name to Kentz following the rescue. Hugh O'Donnell was appointed chief executive in 2000 and the company was subsequently listed on the Alternative Investment Market in February 2008. Kentz was transferred to the main market of the London Stock Exchange in July 2011. Christian Brown became chief executive in February 2012.
Kentz has operations in 30 countries around the world, including the Americas, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, the Far East, Russia and Europe.
- Specialist engineering, procurement and construction services
- Technical support services
- "Preliminary Results 2012". Kentz Corp. Ltd. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Troubleshooter". The Independent. 9 February 2008. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Spain: MF Kent acts to quell rumours of mechanical and electrical problems on £400m Barcelona project". Construction News. 2 July 1992. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Kentz to transfer listing". Business Times. 5 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Kentz names new CEO". Business and Leadership. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- "Kentz secures €25.5m refinery deal". The Examiner. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.