|Created by||Deborah Adler Myers
|Directed by||Glenn Taylor|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Michael Canter
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original run||May 29 – August 4, 2005|
Kept is a reality television series that centered on Jerry Hall (model and ex wife to Mick Jagger) searching for a kept man. The show premiered on the American cable network VH1 in late May 2005. When Hall narrowed the list down to twelve, she spirited them off to London and eliminated them one by one.
The final three consisted of Anwar, Austen and Seth. In the August 4 finale, Hall was torn between Austen and Seth but ultimately chose Seth as he knew how to have fun and she thought he had matured throughout the process. Seth claims that he got his $100 000 in prize money but after filming stopped he never saw Jerry, the penthouse apartment, or the Lamborghini again.
- Seth Frye
- Austen Earl
- Jon Benarroch
- Brian Bergdoll
- Mike Biloto
- Maurizio Farhad
- Jason Fromer
- Anwar Jenkins
- Jeanne Marine
- Ricardo Medina, Jr.
- Devonric Johnson
- Mike Piloto
- Frank Trigg
- Slavco Tuskaloski
The show, when aired in the United Kingdom on the channel VH1 UK, caused a small controversy when adverts were banned from London Underground stations. The posters in question depicted Jerry Hall holding a leash, surrounded by several young semi-dressed men, and this violated London Underground's policy of adverts featuring people as sex objects. However, the posters were on display in other locations including mainline railway stations.
- "Interview with winner". Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- Lucas, Drake (21 May 2005). News. "Hanson native wants to be next American gigolo". The Patriot Ledger. p. 1. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "Ban on Jerry Hall 'leash' posters". BBC News. 2005-08-31.
- "London nixes ads for Jerry Hall TV show". USAToday.com. 2005-09-01. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Official website at the Wayback Machine (archived April 9, 2008)
- Kept at the Internet Movie Database
- Kept at TV.com
|This article relating to reality television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|