Kerala University of Health Sciences
|Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|കേരള ഊനിവെർസിറ്റ്യ് ഓഫ് ഹെൽത്ത് ശ്ചീഞ്ചെസ്|
|Motto||May All become Happy|
|Type||Public Medical University|
|Religious affiliation||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India)|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr K. Mohandas|
|Location||Thrissur, Kerala, India
Colleges all over Kerala
|Previous Universities||University of Kerala
Mahatma Gandhi University
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
Kerala University of Health Sciences is a medical university situated in city of Thrissur in Kerala, India. The university is located located in 75 acres (300,000 m2) on the Government Medical College, Thrissur campus. The university was established on the basis of Kerala University Health Act 2010. There are 205 professional colleges affiliated to this university.
Powers of university
All branches of treatment would come under the university and medical and para-medical colleges now functioning under different Universities, like University of Kerala, Mahatma Gandhi University, Calicut University, Kannur University, Cochin University of Science and Technology, and Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, would come under this university. The territorial jurisdiction of the university shall extend to the whole of the State of Kerala.
- Act of 2010, www.kuhs.ac.in Retrieved on 21 September 2011
- 205 Affiliated colleges, Official website
- "National Pharmacy College students on the warpath". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- "Azad’s pat for NRHM schemes". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-06-16.
- "No settlement area should be declared sensitive: Cabinet". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-06-16.