Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
Motto in English
|Ideas in action|
|Established||12 June 2010|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. B. Ashok, IAS |
|Location||Pookode, Wayanad, India|
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) is a university established by the Government of Kerala in December 2010 to further education, research and extension services in the field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. The territorial jurisdiction of the university extends to the whole of the State of Kerala. Its headquarters is located at Pookode in Wayanad District in Kerala State. There are three constituent colleges to the university: College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Mannuthy, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Pookot and College of Dairy Science and Technology at Mannuthy. Dr B Ashok, an alumnus of College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Mannuthy, is the first Vice-Chancellor of the University.
One-time grant of Rs.100 crore to KVASU
The newly formed Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University has been allocated an amount of Rs. 100 crore in the Union Budget for 2011-12. This is a one-time grant for the development of the potential in veterinary and animal sciences research in the new University. The grant is to be used for developing eight research schools in the veterinary colleges at Mannuthy and Pookode and the dairy science college at Mannuthy: animal production biotechnology; bio-energy and farm waste management; zoonoses and public health; patho-biological sciences and ethno-pharmacology; new media and research; avian sciences; and instrumentation and engineering.
Institutions under KVASU
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy.
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode.
- Clinical Veterinary Complex, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode.
- College of Dairy Sciences and Technology, Mannuthy.
- Instructional farms attached to College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode.
- Livestock Research Station, Thiruvazhamkunnu, Palakkad.
- Base Farm, Kolahalamedu, Idukki.
- University Poultry and Duck Farm, Mannuthy.
- Pig Breeding Farm, Mannuthy.
- Goat and Sheep Farm, Mannuthy.
- Regional Cattle Infertility Research Centre, Kozhikode.
- University Livestock Farm and Fodder Research and Development Scheme, Mannuthy.
- All India Co-ordinated Research Project on Poultry, Mannuthy.
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Poultry Science, Mannuthy.
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Animal Breeding and Genetics, Mannuthy.
- Meat Plant, Mannuthy.
- Dairy Plant, Mannuthy.
- Veterinary Hospital, Kokkalai, Thrissur.
- Veterinary Hospital, Mannuthy.
- Cattle Breeding Farm, Thumburmuzhy.
- "Ordinance No. 29 of 2010 : The Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Ordinance, 2010". Government of Kerala. Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- "Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University". Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- "Budget backing for new, upcoming campuses". The Hindu. 1 March 2011.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|