||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
|Birth name||Kenneth Fear Jr|
September 7, 1971 |
Huntington Beach, California, USA
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, Glam metal, Glam rock|
|Associated acts||Slash's Snakepit, Skid Row, Vince Neil Band, Ratt, L.A. Guns, Warrant, Saints of the Underground, U.S. Crush, Big Bang Babies, Pretty Boy Floyd, Adler's Appetite, Dad's Porno Mag, Bulletboys, The Newlydeads, Love/Hate, Angel City Outlaws, Phucket and Alice Cooper|
|Gibson Les Paul|
Keri Kelli (born Kenneth Fear Jr.) is an American hard rock guitarist, until recently playing for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legend Alice Cooper. He occasionally also plays with Skid Row and Night Ranger. He played guitar and co-wrote songs ("Killed By Love", "The One That Got Away" and "Feminine Side") on the 2008 Alice Cooper studio album, Along Came a Spider, released worldwide July 29. He has also worked extensively with former Warrant vocalist Jani Lane as well as Slash of Guns N' Roses. In March 2013 he formed Project Rock together with James Kottak from the Scorpions. Project Rock consists of Keri Kelli, James Kottak, Tim 'Ripper' Owens, Rudy Sarzo & Teddy Zig-Zag. A sold-out Russian tour in May 2013 and October 2013 (including Eastern Russia territories and Siberia) was the launching pad for the new exciting project.
Kelli was born in Huntington Beach, California on September 7, 1971. He is most famous for replacing guitarists in numerous American hard rock bands. In the past, he has also played in bands he founded such as Saints of the Underground, Adler's Appetite (formerly Suki Jones), New World Idols, Rubber (formerly Blow), Big Bang Babies, and Empire (1987).
Some of the other bands he has played in include: Slash's Snakepit (Also featuring Slash from Guns N' Roses), Skid Row, Vince Neil Band, Ratt, Warrant, L.A. Guns, Pretty Boy Floyd, Dad's Porno Mag, The Newlydeads, Bulletboys, Love/Hate, Tuff, Tal Bachman, Angel City Outlaws (formerly Phucket), Alice Cooper, Liberty N' Justice & Night Ranger.
He co-wrote and made a guest appearance on the first single "Bleed" from U.S. Crush's self-titled album on Virgin/Immortal Records.
Keri has also been in the studio, recording with Saints of the Underground, and their album, "Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner", which hit stores worldwide April 22, 2008. Keri co-wrote most of the songs with the lead singer of the band, Jani Lane.
In July 2009, Keri opened "Aces & Ales" an American craft beer bar and restaurant in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In the summer of 2012, Kelli joined as guitarist for John Waite, who sang for the Babys and Bad English and also had a No. 1 solo single with "Missing You" in 1984. Kelli has been touring steadily with the band.
- Show Ya - (1987) - single / vinyl - cassette tape single
Big Bang Babies
- Big Bang Babies - (1992)
- Black Market - (1994)
- 3 Chords & the Truth - (1999)
- Hollywood Hairspray Vol.1 - (2002) - "Let's Go"
- The Glam That Stole Christmas Vol.1 - (2002) - "Winter Wonderland"
- Rubber - (1996) - Cassette Tape (4 tracks)
- Safe Sex, Designer Drugs, and the Death of Rock N Roll - (1996) - Cassette Tape (5 tracks)
- Re-Bound - (1998) - 2 tracks from forthcoming album "Black & Shiny"
- Black & Shiny - (unreleased)
- Dead End - (2001) - some songs from "Black & Shiny"
- Dream from a Dirt Nap - (2006) - best of. some songs from "Black & Shiny"
Pretty Boy Floyd
- The Pink and the Black - (1998) - incl. "Saturday Night"(early version)
- A Tale of Sex, Designer Drugs, and the Death of Rock N Roll - (1998)
- Porn Stars - (1999)
- The World's Greatest Heavy Metal Anthems - (2000) - "Lether Boyz With Electric Toyz"
- Porn Stars (Japanese Edition) - (2000) - incl. 2 bonus tracks
- No Brakes -BIG M.F. Compilation- - (2000) - "Shout It Out Loud"
- The Ultimate - (2004)
- Dirty Glam - (2004) - re-issue of "Porn Stars" with some bonus demo tracks
- Vault II - (2003)
- Take It Down - (2007) (unreleased) - feat. Aerial Stiles. written by Keri Kelli / Steve Summers.
Dad's Porno Mag
- Dad's Porno Mag - (2000)
- U.S. Crush - (2000) - co-wrote "Bleed" & "Collision Course", Guitar on "Bleed"
- Ain't Life Grand - (2000) - appeared on booklet only. Keri joined after recording session was finished.
- The Gate - (2000) - guitar solo on "Demons"
- Backstreet Anthems - (1999) - wrote lyrics for "Talk to Me", but wrong credit printed in original booklet.
- Backstreet Anthems (Japanese Edition) - (1999) - wrote lyrics for "Talk to Me" (credit is fixed)
- Talk to Me - (unreleased) - wrote lyrics and on vocals
- Queen 4 a Day - (2000)
- Splashed - (2002)
- Super Hardcore Show - (2003)
- Undressed: An Unmasked Tribute to Kiss- - (2003)
- Famous 4 Madness - (2007)
- Forever Ends Today - (2013) single incl. "Queen 4 A Day(remastered)"
- Splashed - (2013) - Cardboard Sleeve edition
- Life's a Gas - (2013) - single incl. "Live 4 Today"
- Queen 4 a Day (Remaster 2013) - (2013)
- Beautiful Disaster - (2013)
- Greatest Hits - (2002)
- The Black Compilation - (2006)
New World Idols
- 5 Tracks Promotion CD - (unreleased)
- Agent Cody Banks (soundtrack) - (2003) - "Up Town Girl"(cover of Billy Joel) Keri (Vo.,B. & G.), Chad Stewart (Ds.)
- Under the Influence - (2001) - co-wrote "Sub Human" & "Face"
- Back Down to One - (2002) - released by Jani himself (8 tracks)
- Back Down to One - (2003) - released from Z RECORDS (11 tracks)
- Monster Ballads X Mas - (2007) - plays guitar on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
- Rips the Covers Off - (2004) - On the two live songs
- Hellraiser's Ball: Caught in the Act (CD Version) (2008)
- Adler's Appetite - (2005)
- Adler's Appetite - (2005) - different booklet called "Black Rose Version"
Liberty N' Justice
- Soundtrack of a Soul - (2006) - co-wrote and play "Another Nail" (Sebastian Bach on vocals)
- Independence Day - (2007) - guitar on "Doubting Thomas"
- Light It Up - (2009) - guitar on "Every Reason To Believe"
- Hell Is Coming to Breakfast - (2012) - co-wrote "Sin (Original Acoustic Demo)", Guitar on "Stretch Armstrong"
- Cigar Chronicles - (2013) - co-wrote and guitar on "Sin"
- Nicollette Knight - (2006) - play all insturuments and recorded some unreleased songs of Big Bang Babies
Angel City Outlaws
- Hell Bent Forever: A Tribute to Judas Priest - (2008) - "Heading Out to the Highway"
Saints of the Underground
- Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner - (2008)
- Along Came a Spider - (2008)
- Theater of Death - Live CD (2010)
- Keepin' Halloween Alive - 7" single (2010) C.side - "I Love the Dead(Live)" from "Theater of Death"(Live CD)
- Welcome 2 My Nightmare - (2012) "We Gotta Get Outta This Place" (The Animals cover) as bonus track
- Social Intercourse - (2002) - co-wrote "Freak", "In the Corner" and "Five Fingers"
- Fueler - (2004) - co-wrote and play "That Sick Thing" & "Spy Vs. Spy"
- Metal Mania Stripped Vol.2 - The Anthems - (2008) - plays acoustic guitar on "Round and Round"
- Midnight Tales from the Funhouse : Part 1 - (2009) - produced, co-wrote and play on almost all songs
- Shout at the Remix: A Tribute to Mötley Crüe- - (2000) - guitar on "Looks That Kill (Spahn Ranch remix)"
- Welcome to the Aerosmithonian: A Tribute to Aerosmith- - (2001) - guitar on "Sweet Emotion"
- Name Your Poison: A Tribute to Poison- - (2001) - guitar on "Talk Dirty to Me", "Look What the Cat Dragged In", "I Won't Forget You" and "Fallen Angel"
- It's So Easy: A Millennium Tribute to Guns N' Roses- - (2006) - guitar on "Night Train"
- Too Fast for Love: A Millennium Tribute to Mötley Crüe- - (2007) - guitar on "Dr. Feelgood"
- Misty Mountain Hop: A Millennium Tribute to Led Zeppelin - (2008) - guitar on "Ocean"
- Lick It Up: A Millennium Tribute to Kiss - (2008) - guitar on "Shout It Out Loud"
- Hell Bent Forever: A Tribute to Judas Priest - (2008) - "Desert Plains" Keri(G. & B.), Brent Fitz(Ds.), Vince Neil(Vo.)
- Wicked Garden: A Millennium Tribute to Stone Temple Pilots - (2009) - guitar on "Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart"
- Lit Up: A Millennium Tribute to Buckcherry - (2009) - guitar on "Crazy Bitch"
- Rock & Roll Train: A Millennium Tribute to AC/DC - (2011) - guitar on "Highway to Hell"
- No More Tears: A Millennium Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne - (2012) - guitar on "Crazy Train"
- Down At The Whiskey : A Tribute To Motley Crue's Greatest Hits 1981-2013 - (2013) - guitar on "Dr. Feelgood"
New Skool Kings
- Here to Say - (2009) - produced
- Demo CD - (2009) - engineered
- The World As We Love It - (2011) - "Troubled Love" feat. with Alice Cooper. Also Keri is listed as co-producer for this song.
- Crystal Eye (Limited Edition Incl. 2 Bonus Tracks) - (2012) - co-wrote "Paint This Town"
- What Comes Around Goes Around...Again! - (2012) - "I Hate Kissing You Goodbye"
Becca Williams (The Reapers)
- Grim Reaper Test - (2012) Keri Kelli as producer and additional instrumentation for Williams. Becca Williams, guitars. Timexx Nasty on vocals. Sean Elg on drums. Recorded August at For the Gods, OC, CA
- Live All Access - (2013)
- Best - (2014)
- Undone - (2013) Produce, Mix and Read guiter
Big Bang Babies
- Home "Made" Video - (1992) Video
- Hellraiser's Ball: Caught in the Act - (2004) DVD
- Sweden Rock Festival 2006 - (2006) DVD "School's Out"
- Theater Of Death DVD (2010)
Pretty Boy Floyd
- London, England 2002 - DVD
- Glamology Part 1 1989 - 2000 - DVD (2013)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keri Kelli.|
- Official website
- Official Saints Of The Underground website
- Keri Kelli, Interview: "Rock’n’Roll Is Supposed To Be Fun" February 25, 2011