From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
Kerobokan Prison is a prison located in Kerobokan, Badung Regency, on the Indonesian island of Bali. The prison opened in 1979 and contains about 1000 male and female prisoners of various nationalities.
- Schapelle Corby - 20 years; she was granted parole on 7 February 2014 and was released on 10 February 2014.
- Michael Blanc - Life sentence; granted parole and released in January 2014.
- Bali Bombers: Amrozi bin Nurhasyim and Imam Samudra - executed by firing squad for their key roles in the 2002 nightclub bombings in Kuta, Bali
- Bali Nine: Four Australians apprehended at Denpasar Airport with heroin strapped to their bodies, one arrested at Denpasar Airport for allegedly being responsible for collecting the drugs on arrival at the destination and four arrested for related offences at their accommodation in Kuta.
- Lindsay Sandiford: British woman sentenced to death for drug trafficking
- "Prisoners held in Kerobokan Prison". Foreign Prisoners Support Service. 2005-07-22. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "The Shockig Inside Story of Bali’s Most Notorious Jail". Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Lindsay June Sandiford Sentenced To Death By Indonesian Court After Smuggling $2.5 Million Worth Of Cocaine Into Bali". International Business Times (Etienne Uzac). 22 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
|This Indonesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|