||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)
Kerrang! Radio is a specialist rock music radio station broadcasting to the West Midlands, England. The station's format mixes modern & classic rock with speech programmes targeted at young people and an adult rock audience. Broadcasting on FM in the West Midlands and DAB & Freeview and online, boasting a large audience of 1.3 million listeners. It is connected with the Kerrang! print magazine in name, ownership and style, although the radio station has a more mainstream adult rock output than the magazine, featuring more indie and alternative rock. The night shows are very much fuelled by the traditional Kerrang! Magazine sound, with a wider and less mainstream style, playing a mix of punk and metal bands and forms part of the Bauer Passion Portfolio.
In 2000, Bauer Radio then Emap launched Kerrang! as a digital radio station, across the UK. The station bid on a number of new FM licences including Manchester & East Midlands, the West Midlands licence was however successful. The station launched on 10 June 2004 originally from Birmingham City Football Club and it then moved to a dedicated studio in Lionel Street, Birmingham near the BT Tower which was opened by Black Sabbath guitarist Tommy Iommi. It broadcasts from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter. Karren Brady was made chairman in 2003. Current breakfast show is hosted by Loz Guest and Keith Kleinfeldt, with other shows from Danielle Perry, Kate Lawler, Matt Stocks, Johnny Doom, Hywel & Jamie and Jake Thomson. Programme Director is Simon Hirst's former producer James Walshe.
Continuing the long line of awards success, in 2012 Kerrang! Radio was nominated for UK Station of the Year at the Sony Radio Academy Awards alongside BBC 6 Music and BBC Radio 2. Also in 2012, the evening programme's presenter Matt Stocks was nominated for Specialist Presenter of the Year at the Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards. This followed success in 2009 when Kerrang! Radio won the highly prestigious Gold Award for station with over 1 million listeners. Kerrang! Radio's In:Demand evening show presenter Henry Evans was also awarded the Sony DAB Rising Star award for 2009 whilst breakfast programme presenters Simon James and Hill got Silver at the awards in the Music Radio Personality of the year category. In 2010, Loz Guest was nominated at the 2010 Sony Radio Academy Awards, furthering the stations award credentials and Simon James and Hill won Bronze in the 'Breakfast Show of the Year (under 10 million)' category.
- 0000 - 0100 Johnny Doom
- 0100 - 0700 Non-Stop Kerrang!
- 0700 - 1100 Loz Guest and Keith Kleinfeldt
- 1100 - 1500 Jake Thomson
- 1500 - 1900 Kate Lawler
- 1900 - 2200 In:Demand with Matt Stocks
- 2200 - 0000 Johnny Doom
Monday Variants 
- 0000 - 0700: Non-Stop Kerrang!
Thursday Variants 
Friday Variants 
- 2200 - 0000: The Temple of Doom with Johnny Doom
- 0000 - 0100: The Temple of Doom with Johnny Doom
- 0100 - 0700: Non-Stop Kerrang!
- 0700 - 1000: Jake Thomson
- 1000 - 1200: Henry Evans
- 1200 - 1400: The Official Kerrang! Rock Chart
- 1400 - 1800: Matt Stocks
- 1800 - 1900: Klub Kerrang! with Kate Lawler
- 1900 - 2200: Klub Kerrang! with Kerrang! Magazine & Katie P
- 2200 - 0000: Klub Kerrang! with Keith Kleinfeldt
- 0000 - 0200: Klub Kerrang! with Alex Baker
- 0200 - 0700: Non-Stop Kerrang!
- 0700 - 1000: Jon Mahon
- 1000 - 1300: The Rock & Roll Years with Johnny Doom
- 1300 - 1700: Hywel and Jamie
- 1700 - 1800: Rock Dog
- 1800 - 2000: Loz Guest
- 2000 - 2200: Unsigned with Alex Baker
- 2200 - 0000: The Alex Baker Show
Former presenters 
External links 
Coordinates: 52°28′56″N 1°54′20″W / 52.482325°N 1.905423°W