British by birth, his family emigrated to Canada in 1970. He was director of music at the Church of the Good Samaritan in Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA for seven years (1981-1988) before returning to his native country in 1988.
His recordings, as an organist and choirmaster, are published by Priory Records and Cantoris Records. Having studied organ improvisation with Antoine Reboulot in Quebec, Canada, and with Pierre Cochereau in Nice, France, he has pursued an active interest in the art of improvisation in his concert career. As a member of SOCAN (the Society of Canadian Composers, Authors and Publishers) he has published several hundred recorded compositions through the programme music libraries of Omnimusic and the Parry Music Library. Of his church music there are published titles by Encore Publications and Banks Music Publications. As a conductor he occasionally guest-directs choral workshops and concerts for the Royal School of Church Music and other organisations.
- "DIRECTOR OF MUSIC AT COVENTRY CATHEDRAL". Coventry Cathedral. Archived from the original on 2008-02-21. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "St Andrew and St David". Anglican Church Music. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "PHILOMEL ENSEMBLE HAS BUSY WEEKEND" (fee required). Philadelphia Daily News. 1985-04-26. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Product Listing". Priory Records. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Bucks County Church Wrapup" (fee required). Bucks County Courier Times. 1976-04-30. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Composer: Kerry Beaumont". Omnimusic. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "ARTIST SEARCH - Beaumont". Jet Set Records. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Publications". Encore Publications. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "The RSCM in and around Oxford". Royal School of Church Music. Retrieved 2008-03-10.