|Born||April 26, 1954|
|Power Man and Iron Fist|
Gammill grew up as a fan of the comics of the 1960s and 1970s, particularly the work of Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, and Stan Lee. He also cites Frank Frazetta, Basil Gogos, John Buscema, Gene Colan, Neal Adams, Bernie Wrightson, Al Williamson, and Alex Toth as influences.
Breaking into the comics industry in 1979, during his 18 years in the business Gammill illustrated comics like Power Man and Iron Fist, Marvel Team-Up, and Superman. He co-created such characters as Ariel, Frog-Man, White Rabbit, Chance, Leila Davis, and Draaga.
After leaving comics Gammill became a special effects concept artist, character designer, and storyboard artist, for movies, TV shows, and the gaming industry. Projects he worked on include Virus, Species II, Phantoms, The Outer Limits, and Tremors: The Series.
In 2001, Vanguard Productions published Kerry Gammill's Drawing Monsters and Heroes for Comics and Film, a how-to book containing art from Gammill's comics, kids' promotions, and creature design for movies and TV. Gammill later illustrated another book for Vanguard on the art of Basil Gogos.
• Action Comics #653-664, 687-693 (1990-1991)
• Adventures of Superman #471, Annual #2 (1990)
•Fallen Angels# 1-4, 7 and 8 (1987)
•Marvel Team-Up # 73, 120-125, 127-129, 131 (1978-1983)
•Power Man and Iron Fist #61-68, 70-72, 74-75, 77-79 (1980-1982)
•X-Factor Annual # 9 (1994)
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Archived from the original on October 29, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- Gammill's MySpace profile. Accessed Feb. 2, 2009.
- Shooter, Jim. "Bullpen Bulletins," Power Man #148 (July 1981).
- Linkedin profile, www.linkedin.com
- Kerry Gammill at the Comic Book DB
- Official website
- Gammill's website devoted to vintage movie monsters art
- Gammill bio at Lambiek's Comiclopedia
- Where Monsters Dwell interview
Trevor von Eeden
|Power Man and Iron Fist artist
|Marvel Team-Up artist
|This profile of an American comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|