|MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake|
|Preceded by||Luke Ouellette|
|Born||1973/1974 (age 40–41)|
|Political party||Wildrose Party|
Kerry Towle (born c. 1974) is a Canadian politician and current Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the electoral district of Innisfail-Sylvan Lake and serves as the Seniors Critic as a member of the Wildrose Alliance. Before becoming a politician, Towle worked for both Indian and Northern Affairs, the David Thompson Health Region and was a turkey farmer with her husband Brad for five years. Towle also worked six years in real estate.
Towle's political career began in June 2011 when she won the candidacy for the Wildrose in Innisfail-Sylvan Lake, after citing the need to improve health care, to give a voice to grassroots Albertans and to protect property rights for landowners.
On April 23, 2012, Towle became MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake, winning 46 per cent of the vote and defeating the incumbent PC MLA, Luke Ouellette. Shortly after her election win, Towle was appointed Seniors Critic by Wildrose Leader Danielle Smith.
Since becoming the Wildrose Seniors Critic, Towle has been credited as being an effective advocate for Albertans by producing results for seniors on issues of quality of care at seniors facilities. In early 2013, Towle went on a Seniors Tour across Alberta as part of the policy development process for the Wildrose heading into the 2016 election and to listen to concerns from seniors on quality of food in continuing care facilities, the one bath per week policy implemented by Alberta Health Services and the need for an independent seniors advocate.
2012 general election
|2012 Alberta general election||Turnout %||Swing|
|Progressive Conservative||Luke Ouellette||6,149||40.08%||%|
|Alberta Party||Danielle Klooster||749||4.88%||%||%|
|Wildrose gain from Progressive Conservative||Swing %|
- Alberta Election 2012: Riding-by-riding results
- "Legislative Assembly of Alberta Kerry Towle biography".
- Contenteni, Justina (2011-06-07). "Wildrose Party Candidates". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Innisfal Province, Staff (2012-04-23). "Wildrose candidate Kerry Towle new MLA for Innisfail-Sylvan Lake". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Danielle Smith unveils Wildrose shadow cabinet". 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Braid, Don (2013-05-09). "Wildrose 'politicizing' produces results". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Labbe, Stephanie (2013-03-13). "Wildrose hears concerns of seniors in Alberta". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|