||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2012)|
Kerwin Swint is an American political scientist and author, known for his research and writing in the fields of political campaigns, mass media, and political history. He or his work has appeared in a number of national and international media, including CNN, FOX News, the BBC, the ABC program The View, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, NPR, The Toronto Star, The Daily Mail (UK), The Guardian (UK), National Journal, Mental Floss, Publisher's Weekly, Salon, Slate, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and numerous other media.
A native Atlantan, Swint graduated from the University of Georgia in 1984 with a bachelor’s degree in political science. After working in Washington, D.C. for several years he returned to Georgia and earned a Master’s degree and then a Ph.D. He is currently a tenured professor at Kennesaw State University outside Atlanta. From 1998 to 2004 he operated a political campaign consulting firm, Southeast Political Group, Inc.
Swint’s book "Mudslingers: The 25 Dirtiest Political Campaigns of All Time" chronicles what he and other scholars believe to be the most negative political campaigns in history. The book has been cited frequently since its publication in 2006 by academics and journalists. It is often used as a measuring stick and source material for negative tactics and attacks in current political campaigns.
- The King Whisperers: Power Behind the Throne, From Rasputin to Rove, Union Square Press (2011) ISBN 1-4027-7201-7
- Dark Genius: The Influential Career of Legendary Political Operative and Fox News Founder Roger Ailes, Union Square Press (2008) ISBN 1-4027-5445-0
- Mudslingers: The 25 Dirtiest Political Campaigns of All Time, Praeger (2006) ISBN 0-275-98510-5
- "Dr. Kerwin Swint". Kennesaw State University.
- "Kerwin C. Swint - Political Expert". Kennesaw State University.
- Official Website
-  Wall Street Journal: When Elections Were Really Dirty, by John H. Fund
- Rossmeier, Vincent. "The "Dark Genius" of Fox News". Salon. Salon Media Group.
-  Bloomberg Business Week: Political Mudslinging Through the Years, by David Kiley
- Shafer, Jack. "Fox News 1.0: Revisiting TVN, Roger Ailes' first stab at running a TV news operation.". Slate. Washington Post.Newsweek Interactive Co. LLC.
- [dead link]
- "the mag The Election of 1800: The Birth of Negative Campaigning in the U.S.". mentalfloss. Glam.
-  The Guardian: Fox hunt: cracks in Murdoch dynasty as TV news chief finds himself in firing line.
-  Real Clear Politics: In Defense of Politics, by Peter Wehner