|Type||Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: DRTY|
|Key people||David Newlands (Chairman)
Thierry Falque-Pierrotin (CEO)
Dominic Platt (Finance director)
|Products||white and brown goods,
digital photo processing,
|Revenue||£5,917.3 million (2011)|
|Operating income||£107.0 million (2011)|
|Net income||£30.7 million (2011)|
Darty plc (formerly Kesa Electricals plc) is a multinational electrical retailing company headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
The Company was formed in 2003 by a demerger from Kingfisher plc. In 2007, the Company bought Menaje Del Hogar, a Spanish electrical retail chain. The Company sold its Swiss operation on 6 July 2009.
Kesa Electricals was renamed Darty plc on 31 July 2012.
Darty is headquartered in London. It has sourcing offices based in Paris and Hong Kong, as well as a wholly owned wholesaler of electrical accessories, Dacem, who supply all of Kesa's European operations.
Its structure is as follows:
- Darty France: retailer in France; operates 214 stores with 282,700 square metres of selling space
- Darty Italy: retailer in Italy; Has operated 23 stores with 19,750 square metres of selling space until 2 March 2013, when Darty stores were transferrend to Trony.
- Darty Turkey: retailer in Turkey; operates six stores with 8,200 square metres of selling space
- BCC: retail and E-commerce in Netherlands.; operates 50 stores with 64,900 square metres of selling space
- Vanden Borre: retailer in Belgium; operates 57 stores with 60,800 square metres of selling space
- Datart: retailer in Czech Republic / Slovakia; operates 32 stores with 33,400 square metres of selling space
- Darty: retailer in Spain and Portugal; operates 67 stores with 79,500 square metres of selling space
- Preliminary Results 2011
- Kesa: Trading philosophy
- Kingerfisher's electrical demerger hit by £100 million tax charge
- Kesa Electricals to buy 54-unit Spanish chain
- Trading Statement
- Comet electrical stores sold by Kesa for £2 BBC, 9 November 2011
- "Kesa renames itself Darty as it turns in a loss". The Telegraph. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- Kesa: Group at a glance