Keshiary (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for ST|
|Lok Sabha constituency||34. Medinipur|
|Electorate (year)||182,596 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 223 Keshiary (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (ST) is composed of the following: Keshiari community development block, and Alikosha, Angua, Ainkola, Dantan I, Dantan II, Monoharpur, Salikotha and Tararui gram panchayats of Dantan I community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Keshiary  |
|AITMC||Shyam Charan Mandi||75,939||45.35||+12.11#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
Maheswar Murmu of CPI(M) won the Keshiary assembly seat (ST) six times in a row from 1982 to 2006, defeating Shyam Charan Mandi of Trinamool Congress in 2006 and 2001. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Gouri Tudu of Congress in 1996, Rekha Kishu of Congress in 1991, Budhan Chandra Tudu of Congress in 1987 and 1982. Khudiram Singh of CPI(M) defeated Budhan Chandra Tudu of Congress in 1977.
Budhan Chandra Tudu of Congress won in 1972, 1971, 1969 and 1967.Prior to that the Keshiary seat did not exist.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Keshiary". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Keshiary. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Keshiary. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "226 - Keshiari (ST) Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.