|• Total||3.504 sq mi (9.074 km2)|
|• Land||3.378 sq mi (8.748 km2)|
|• Water||0.126 sq mi (0.326 km2) 3.59%|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||130/sq mi (50/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||2583046|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Keswick, California|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP covers an area of 3.5 square miles (9.1 km²), 96.41% of it land and 3.59% of it water.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Keswick had a population of 451. The population density was 128.7 people per square mile (49.7/km²). The racial makeup of Keswick was 389 (86.3%) White, 0 (0.0%) African American, 23 (5.1%) Native American, 6 (1.3%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 4 (0.9%) from other races, and 29 (6.4%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14 persons (3.1%).
The Census reported that 451 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 179 households, out of which 56 (31.3%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 84 (46.9%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 23 (12.8%) had a female householder with no husband present, 17 (9.5%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 20 (11.2%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 0 (0%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 42 households (23.5%) were made up of individuals and 19 (10.6%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52. There were 124 families (69.3% of all households); the average family size was 2.87.
The population was spread out with 97 people (21.5%) under the age of 18, 25 people (5.5%) aged 18 to 24, 98 people (21.7%) aged 25 to 44, 148 people (32.8%) aged 45 to 64, and 83 people (18.4%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46.1 years. For every 100 females there were 105.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 109.5 males.
There were 194 housing units at an average density of 55.4 per square mile (21.4/km²), of which 149 (83.2%) were owner-occupied, and 30 (16.8%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 1.9%; the rental vacancy rate was 6.3%. 356 people (78.9% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 95 people (21.1%) lived in rental housing units.
- U.S. Census
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Keswick, California
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 2, 2013.