|Full name||Kevan James D. Hurst|
|Date of birth||27 August 1985|
|Place of birth||Chesterfield, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Current club||Southend United|
|2004||→ Boston United (loan)||7||(1)|
|2005||→ Stockport County (loan)||14||(1)|
|2005–2006||→ Chesterfield (loan)||22||(1)|
|2006||→ Chesterfield (loan)||15||(3)|
|2006–2007||→ Chesterfield (loan)||25||(3)|
|2007||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||13||(0)|
|2011||→ Morecambe (loan)||21||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:50, 12 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
A versatile player, he can play all across the midfield or forward line though his preferred position is left-wing. He made his first senior appearance in the League Cup against Queens Park Rangers on 23 September 2003 with his only league appearance for the Blades coming on 25 September 2004 as a 90th minute substitute for Tommy Black against Coventry City.
Since then, Hurst has been on loan to Boston United (where he scored his first career goal against Yeovil Town), Stockport County (where he scored once against Oldham Athletic) and Chesterfield. In July 2006, he returned to his home town team on six-month loan deal which ended on 2 January 2007.
After playing for United in the Third Round FA Cup defeat against Swansea City, Hurst was loaned out to Scunthorpe United on 31 January 2007 until the end of the season. He became a permanent signing for Scunthorpe at the end of the season, in a £200,000 deal.
On 18 August 2009, Hurst signed for League One side Carlisle United for a fee of around £100,000 up front which could rise to £145,000. He scored his first goal on his debut against former side Stockport County on 19 August.
Hurst agreed personal terms with Southend United and became their first signing of the summer, signing on a 2-year deal. In his first season with the Shrimpers, he was a key player, appearing at Wembley in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final and starting over 50 times in all competitions, scoring 6 goals, including particularly memorable ones against Brentford and Rotherham. Indeed, at one point in the season, he held the distinction of having the most assists out of any League player. He finished the season with the highest number of set-ups in League Two. On 28 February 2014, Hurst signed a new two-year contract.
- with Southend United
- "Boston 3-2 Yeovil". BBC. 12 April 2004. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Oldham 1-2 Stockport". BBC. 19 February 2005. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Hurst seals Spireites loan switch (accessed 3 January 2007)
- Hurst returns to Blades after loan (accessed 3 January 2007)
- Shrimps sign two (accessed 28 January 2011)
- Carlisle United release Hurst, Gbarssin and Price (accessed 24 June 2011)
-  (accessed 16 June 2013)
-  (accessed 16 June 2013)
- "News: Kevan Hurst signs new deal". Southend United FC. 28 February 2014.
- Kevan Hurst player profile at scunthorpe-united.co.uk
- Kevan Hurst player profile at stockportcounty.com
- Kevan Hurst player profile at southendunited.co.uk
- Kevan Hurst career stats at Soccerbase