Kevin Abosch (born 1969) is an Irish visual artist and portrait photographer whose subjects include Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Steven Spielberg, Dustin Hoffman, Dennis Hopper, Yoko Ono and human rights activist Aung San Suu Kyi. His work has been seen in international magazine features and covers, including Vogue. An article in the March 2008 issue of Vogue Italia reads "Abosch knows the true face of a star". In January 2010, a major retrospective of Abosch's portrait photography was exhibited at the Museum of Contemporary Art Vojvodina in Serbia. In October 2011, a major exhibition launched in Dublin Airport's Terminal 2 of Abosch's "Faces of Ireland", a series of 250 photographs of people from Ireland.
National Gallery of Ireland
In December 2013 the National Gallery of Ireland acquired three photographic portraits by Abosch for inclusion in the permanent National Portrait Collection. The portraits are of Bob Geldof, Olwen Fouéré and Brian O'Driscoll.
FACES:PARIS is a series of 1,000 photographic portraits by Abosch of the citizenry of Paris, France. On November 5, 2010, Abosch gave a press-conference in Paris at the 2010 "Salon de la Photo" exposition at which he announced the project.
Faces of Ireland is a series of photographic portraits by Abosch of the people of Ireland, representing each of the island's 32 counties. Launched in October 2011, a major exhibition of 250 of Abosch's large-scale (44"x44") photographic portraits filled Dublin Airport's Terminal 2. On September 8, 2012, Abosch spoke about "Faces of Ireland" at TEDx Dublin. His talk was entitled "Art of Opportunism".
FACES:TECH is a series of portraits of entrepreneurs, CEO's and tech-world notables. On June 15, 2012, an exhibition of 50 images from Abosch's FACES:TECH series were shown on 23 electronic billboards in New York City's Times Square
- Atelier Kevin Abosch. Kevinabosch.com. Retrieved on 2013-10-09.
- Vogue Italia clipping March 2008
- Kevin Abosch Portreti
- RTV Vojvodine Video
- Faces of Ireland Exhibition to Illuminate Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport
- National Gallery of Ireland Press release
- Sony France: 1000 Visages de Paris par Kevin Abosch
- Salon de la Photo 2010
- Kevin Abosch (2011). TFOI. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Irish Times - Major Photography Exhibit Takes off
- The Independent - The Faces That Make Up Modern Ireland|
- Kevin Abosch/TEDx Dublin/"Art of Opportunism"
- Inc Magazine 50 Entrepreneurs just conquered Times Square
- The Next Web article
- Inc Magazine feature
- TheNextWeb article