Kevin Jones (basketball)
August 25, 1989 |
Mount Vernon, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school||Mount Vernon
(Mount Vernon, New York)
|College||West Virginia (2008–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|2014||San Miguel Beermen|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Jones attended Mount Vernon High School in Mount Vernon, New York. As a junior, he averaged 21 points, 12 rebounds, two blocks per game. As a senior, he averaged 23 points, 14 rebounds and two blocks per game. In 2006 and 2007, he led Mount Vernon to the New York State PHSAA championships.
In his freshman season at West Virginia, Jones posted eight games in double figures, including a stretch of six games in a row during Big East play. In 35 games, he averaged 6.3 points and 4.9 rebounds in 19.3 minutes per game.
In his sophomore season, set a school record with 135 offensive rebounds in a season and was second on the team in three-point field goals made with 42. He was also named to the Big East All-Tournament team and the 76 Classic All-Tournament team. In 38 games (all starts), he averaged 13.5 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 33.0 minutes per game.
In his senior season, he was named to the All-Big East first team and the NABC Division I All-District 5 first team. In 33 games (all starts), he averaged 19.9 points, 10.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.0 blocks in 38.3 minutes per game.
Jones went undrafted in the 2012 NBA draft. On September 10, 2012, Jones signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. However, he was later waived by Cavaliers on October 27, 2012. On November 1, 2012, he was acquired by the Canton Charge as an affiliate player.
On November 29, 2012, after playing three games for the Charge averaging 27.0 points and 13.7 rebounds per game, Jones re-signed with the Cavaliers. On the same day, he was assigned back to the Charge. On December 4, 2012, he was recalled by the Cavaliers, but was sent back to the Charge for other assignments throughout the season.
In July 2014, Jones joined the Indiana Pacers for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On September 26, 2014, he signed with the New Orleans Pelicans. However, he was later waived by the Pelicans on October 24, 2014.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Jones is the son of Patricia Jones and Fred DeJarnett.
- "5 Kevin Jones". wvusports.com. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- "Kevin Jones Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- Cavs sign Kevin Jones
- Cavaliers Waive Eric, Jones and Brown
- "Canton's Kevin Jones Signs with Cleveland Cavaliers For Third Call-Up of 2012-13 NBA D-League Season". NBA.com. November 29, 2012. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Cavaliers Recall Kevin Jones
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- Cavaliers Announce 2013 Summer League Roster
- Cavaliers Waive Jones, Quinn
- Canton Charge 2013-14 Training Camp Roster
- Eighth Annual NBA D-League All-Star Game Features 16 Players With NBA Experience
- Charge's Kevin Jones Heads to Philippines
- Canton Charge acquire William Buford, grant Kevin Jones release
- "Rookie/Free Agent Camp Update". NBA.com. July 3, 2014. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- Pelicans Add Three Players to Training Camp Roster
- Pelicans Request Waivers on Jones and Stephens