Kevin L. Barney
Kevin L. Barney is a specialist in public finance law who also writes scholarly works related to Mormon history, scripture and thought. He serves on the boards of Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought and the Foundation for Apologetic Information and Research (FAIR). Barney has also contributed articles to the Ensign, Journal of Book of Mormon Studies, FARMS Review and BYU Studies. In addition to his scholarly works, Barney is one of the most prolific bloggers for By Common Consent, one of the largest and most prominent Mormon blogs. As of January 2011, Barney has contributed over 340 articles to BCC.[original research?]
Barney was born in Logan, Utah and raised primarily in DeKalb, Illinois. He served an LDS mission in Colorado and received his bachelors degree from Brigham Young University where he studied multiple languages. He earned his law degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and later a master of laws degree from DePaul University.
- "Dialogue – A Journal of Mormon Thought » Staff". Dialoguejournal.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Viewing Author: Kevin L. Barney". Maxwellinstitute.byu.edu. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Kevin Barney « By Common Consent, a Mormon Blog". Bycommonconsent.com. 2011-01-18. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "On This Date in Mission History « By Common Consent, a Mormon Blog". Bycommonconsent.com. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Blog Archive » Kevin L. Barney". Mormon Scholars Testify. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- Entry on Barney at "Mormons Scholars Testify"
- Maxwell Institute author listing for Barney
- By Common Consent, a Mormon Blog