Kevin Murphy (basketball)
|No. 33 – Idaho Stampede|
March 6, 1990 |
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Creekside (Fairburn, Georgia)|
|College||Tennessee Tech (2008–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 47th overall|
|Selected by the Utah Jazz|
|Pro playing career||2012–present|
|2012–2013||→Reno Bighorns (D-League)|
|2013||Strasbourg IG (France)|
|2014–present||Idaho Stampede (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Born in Atlanta, Murphy earned four varsity letters in basketball at Creekside High School in Fairburn, Georgia. In his senior season at Creekside High School, Murphy averaged 26 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists per game.
In his junior year, Murphy averaged 17.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game. In the Ohio Valley Conference Men's Basketball Tournament, Murphy averaged 24.3 points per game and was named to the All-Tournament Team. Murphy was also an All-OVC first team selection.
On January 30, 2012 Murphy scored 50 points in a win over SIU Edwardsville, the most for any Division I player in the 2011-12 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. Murphy averaged 20.6 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game during the season. He was also named to the OVC All-Tournament Team and the All-OVC first team for the second consecutive year. Following the season, Murphy participated in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament. He was named to the All-Tournament Team.
Murphy was selected with the 47th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Utah Jazz. He joined the Jazz for the 2012 NBA Summer League. On November 26, 2012, Murphy was assigned to the Reno Bighorns of the NBA D-League. On January 8, 2013, the Jazz recalled him from the D-League. On July 10, 2013, Murphy was involved in a three-team trade that sent him and Andre Iguodala, then of the Denver Nuggets, to the Golden State Warriors. He joined the Warriors for the 2013 NBA Summer League. On July 24, 2013, he was waived by the Warriors.
- "55 – Kevin Murphy". Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "SIU-Edwardsville Cougars vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles recap". espn.go.com. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Kevin Murphy stats". espn.go.com. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Portsmouth Invitational Tournament". Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- Utah Jazz Selects Kevin Murphy in Second Round of 2012 NBA Draft
- Utah Jazz Assign Rookie Kevin Murphy to NBA D-League Affiliate Reno Bighorns
- Jazz Recalls Kevin Murphy from D-League
- "Warriors Acquire Andre Iguodala from Denver Nuggets as Part of Three-Team Trade". NBA.com. July 10, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Golden State Warriors Waive Dwayne Jones, Scott Machado and Kevin Murphy
- Strasbourg officially sign Kevin Murphy
- "Kevin Murphy leaves SIG Strasbourg". Sportando.net. December 25, 2013. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- Stampede Acquire Kevin Murphy