Kevin Christopher Ou (born March 4, 1979) is an American photographer who was born in Singapore. His photographs have been published in Rolling Stone, Nylon, Elle, DUB, People, Surface,Vogue, Entertainment Weekly, Lego, BMW and General Motors.
Early life and education
Ou left Singapore after being "turned away" from a photography class. He moved to Los Angeles in 2000 and after obtaining a mass communications diploma from Ngee Ann Polytechnic he studied photography at the Art Center College of Design and graduated in 2004.
After graduation Ou worked as a photographer on advertising campaigns for a number of automobile manufacturers. After shooting cover photos for Dub magazine he began to accumulate celebrities, music artists and actors as clients. Since then he has photographed Nick Cannon, Ludacris, Mariah Carey, P Diddy, Elijah Wood and 50 Cent. Ou co-founded the celebrity home and lifestyle magazine, Modern Home + Living. He won the APA National Award in 2005, the Microsoft ProPhotographer award in 2006 and the International Photo Award (IPA) and Image07 awards in 2007. Ou was named one of the top 10 most influential U.S. photographers in 2009.[by whom?]
Ou lives in Los Angeles and founded the Because we are One campaign, which benefits victims of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. Ou also appeared in the April 20, 2009 episode of Bravo's The Millionaire Matchmaker
- Neuman, Chad. "Supermodel Me". Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Ang, Kristiano (May 11, 2011). "Why Luck Matters in Photography". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Soh, Joanne (March 17, 2011). "Made it in America". Asia One. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Soh, Joanne (April 22, 2011). "Fiona Xie models for charity campaign". The New Paper. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Modern Home + Living Magazine. "MHL Magazine Bio & Position". MHL Magazine. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "The Millionaire Matchmaker - Season 2". Blogspot. February 17, 20009. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Episode 11: Farrah & Kevin". Bravo. April 30, 2009. Retrieved June 5, 2013.