Kevin Pearson (bishop)
|The Rt Rev
|Bishop of Argyll and The Isles|
|Church||Scottish Episcopal Church|
|Consecration||4 February 2011|
27 August 1954 |
Pearson was ordained in 1980 and began his career as Curate at St Mary, Horden. He was Rector at St Salvador Edinburgh from 1987 to 1993; and of Old St Paul, Edinburgh from 1993 to 1994. He was Priest in charge at Linlithgow from 1994 to 1995 when he became Rector of St Michael and All Saints Church in Edinburgh; and Dean of the Diocese from 2004 until 2010.
He was elected Bishop of Argyll and The Isles in late 2010. He was consecrated and installed as Bishop on Oban at Candlemas 2011 (4 February 2011). He was enthroned in the Cathedral of The Isles on 16 April 2011.
- [‘ARGYLL AND THE ISLES, Bishop of’, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2013 ; online edn, Dec 2013 accessed 9 Aug 2014
- "Helen-Ann Hartley consecrated as Bishop of Waikato and Taranaki". News Archive. Ripon College Cuddesdon. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1980-82: Oxford, OUP, 1983 ISBN 0-19-200010-1
- "New Bishop elected for Argyll and The Isles". Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "Diocesan Newsletter for Argyll and The Isles (February 2011)".
- "Diocesan Newsletter for Argyll and The Isles (April 2011)".
|Dean of Edinburgh
2004 to 2010
|Bishop of Argyll and The Isles
2011 to present
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|