Kevin Phillips (actor)
December 11, 1981 |
Staten Island, New York
Kevin Phillips (born December 11, 1981) is an American film actor, best known for his leading role in Suna Gonera’s Pride (2007), as well as his role in 2009's Notorious. Kevin starred in the George Lucas-produced 2012 film Red Tails, which chronicles the story of the Tuskegee Airmen.
Kevin split his adolescence between Moncks Corner, South Carolina and Brooklyn. In 2000, he decided to leave his basketball scholarship at SUNY-Cobleskill to pursue an acting career. Phillips got his start in an off-Broadway play “A Little Piece of Life” directed by William Hicks.
His first film credit was a supporting role in Queen Latifah’s The Cookout (2004) opposite Tim Meadows. He has also had roles in 2005's American Gun with Forest Whitaker and Donald Sutherland as well as Rock The Paint which premiered at the 2005 Tribeca Film Festival.
In 2008, Kevin finished the street-fighting film, Blood and Bone, as well as the musical, Mama, I Want to Sing! starring R&B singer Ciara. Kevin is currently filming his starring role in the indie action film Sinners & Saints.
Kevin has starred in 2012's Red Tails.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent, 2004, as Ben Watkins (Mad Hops, 1 episode)
- The Cookout, 2004, as Jamal Washington
- Rock The Paint, 2005, as Antwon
- American Gun,2005, as Reggie
- Pride, 2007, as Andre
- Notorious, 2009, as Mark Pitts
- Blood and Bone, 2009, as Danny
- Sinners and Saints, 2010, as Detective Will Ganz
- Red Tails, 2012, Leon 'Neon' Edwards
- S.W.A.T.: Firefight, 2011, as Kyle Watters
- Mama, I Want to Sing!, 2011, as Luke