|Born||20 October 1949
Kevin John Roberts CNZM (born 1949) has been the Chief Executive Officer Worldwide of the advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi since 1997. In September 2006, Saatchi & Saatchi won a US$430 million JC Penney contract because of the idea of lovemarks, which was invented and promoted by Roberts.
Early life and career (1949–86)
Roberts was born and raised in Lancaster in the industrial northwest of England. He was educated at Lancaster Royal Grammar School in the 1960s. He then became an assistant brand manager for Mary Quant Cosmetics in 1969. Roberts was later promoted to a brand manager.
From 1969 to 1986, Roberts worked as International New Products Manager at Gillette to Group Marketing Manager at Procter & Gamble (P&G) to Regional Vice President at Pepsi Cola, Middle East in 1982.
Executive career (1987–96)
In 1987, Roberts was appointed to the first "Chief" role in his career, as the President and Chief Executive Officer of Pepsi Cola, Canada. While at Pepsi Canada, Roberts notably executed a publicity stunt after a keynote speech to a group of Pepsi Canada employees, bottlers, and the media. Roberts had a Coke vending machine rolled onto the stage while he was speaking. As he finished his speech, he reached down, picked up a machine gun, and blasted the Coke machine. "[Roberts] meticulously planned the spectacle, borrowing a gun from a squad of police officers and rigging the vending machine so that he had to fire only one blank to set off a dazzling rat-a-tat-tat." 
From 1989 to 1997, Roberts was Director and Chief Operating Officer of Lion Nathan.
Current role (1997–)
In 1997, Roberts was appointed the role of Chief Executive Officer Worldwide of Saatchi & Saatchi. In 1997, Saatchi & Saatchi was in "deep trouble, with morale at an all-time low."  Roberts was advised to restructure the business drastically by bringing Roberts's own people in and moving current people around. Instead, Roberts brought in and moved nobody for two years. Against all odds, Roberts was able to get things in Saatchi & Saatchi moving again in one year. Roberts then started the process to make Saatchi & Saatchi into one of the best advertising agencies around the world.
In September 2006, Saatchi & Saatchi won a US$430 million JC Penney contract because of the idea of lovemarks, invented and promoted by Roberts.
Books written by Roberts
- Peak Performing Organisations – Lessons for Business from the World's Leading Sports Organisations, 2000, by Clive Gilson, Mike Pratt, Kevin Roberts, and Ed Weymes (ISBN 1-58799-150-0)
- Lovemarks: The Future Beyond Brands, 2004
- Sisomo: The Future on Screen, 2005 (ISBN 1-57687-268-8)
- Lovemarks: The Future Beyond Brands (Expanded Edition), 2006, (ISBN 1-57687-270-X)
- The Lovemarks Effect: Winning in the Consumer Revolution, (expected published date: 2006 Nov), (ISBN 1-57687-267-X)
- Kevin Roberts. Lovemarks: the future beyond brands p.13
- Kevin Roberts. Lovemarks: the future beyond brands p.14
- Saatchi & Saatchi Media Press Kit about Kevin Roberts. p.1
- Kevin Roberts. Lovemarks: the future beyond brands p.17
- Ono, Yumiko (11 June 1997). "Saatchi's CEO Roberts Sees Romance With Core Clients". The Wall Street Journal.
- Kevin Roberts. Lovemarks: the future beyond brands p.20
- Kevin Roberts. Lovemarks: the future beyond brands p.21
- "The Queen's Birthday Honours 2013" (24 June 2013) 80 New Zealand Gazette 2171.
- "Queen's Birthday Honours List 2013". Honours List. Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet of New Zealand. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Official website of Kevin Roberts
- Official blog of Kevin Roberts
- Official website of Lovemarks
- Official website of Sisomo
- Kevin Robert's Hall of Fame web page includes his videos, articles and so on.
- Kevin Roberts speaker biography and session description on the World Business Forum website where Roberts is a featured speaker for the 2009 event.
- Interview with Kevin Roberts on design and emotion
- Authors@Google: Kevin Roberts 30 October 2006 talk at Google's NYC Campus.
- Kevin Roberts at Zeitgeist Europe 2007 Video added onto YouTube on 25 May 2007
- Video interview by online business TV channel yourBusinessChannel Kevin Roberts on sustainability
- Kevin Roberts – "The Consumer is boss"
- Kevin Roberts – Why research is monkey business
- Kevin Roberts – Lovemarks explain the US election