|Third Baseman/Left Fielder|
July 8, 1984 |
West Babylon, New York
|May 8, 2010 for the New York Yankees|
Last MLB appearance
|September 23, 2010 for the New York Yankees|
|Runs batted in||4|
Russo attended Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado. As a running back on the Fairview High School football team, Russo rushed for 2,416 yards during his senior year, leading the team to a state title. He and LenDale White were named as the two all-state running backs by the Rocky Mountain News.
New York Yankees
Russo was drafted by the Yankees in the 20th round (614th overall) of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft. Following the 2009 season, Russo was added to the 40-man roster to protect him from the Rule 5 Draft. He was called up to the major leagues for the first time on May 8, 2010. He recorded his first hit in the Majors on May 21, 2010 in an interleague game against the New York Mets and added the decisive two-run double later in the game to lead the Yankees to a 2–1 win over the Mets.
- Cacciola, Scott (May 24, 2010). "An Atypical Yankee: Rookie Russo Hasn't Had to Meet High Expectations". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved May 28, 2010.
- "Seven added to 40-man roster". Yankees.lhblogs.com. 2009-11-20. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com (2010-04-28). "With bench thin, Yankees promote Russo from Triple-A". Newyork.yankees.mlb.com. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- Yankees claim RHP Jess Todd, DFA utility man Kevin Russo
- Silva, Drew (November 18, 2012). "Tigers ink minor league deal with Kevin Russo". NBC Sports.