Seraphin with the Wizards
|No. 13 – Washington Wizards|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
December 7, 1989 |
Cayenne, French Guiana
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||278 lb (126 kg)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17th overall|
|Selected by the Chicago Bulls|
|Pro playing career||2007–present|
|2007–2010||Cholet Basket (France)|
|2011||Caja Laboral (Spain)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Kevin Séraphin (born December 7, 1989) is a French professional basketball player who currently plays for the Washington Wizards of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was drafted 17th overall in the 2010 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls, but was later traded to the Washington Wizards. He is listed at 6 feet 10 inches (2.08 m) tall and he plays the power forward and center positions.
In December 2007, Séraphin joined the Cholet Basket senior team for the first time after having played for their junior team since 2006. In August 2009, he signed a three-year contract extension with Cholet. In the 2009–10 season, he played 32 games, averaging 6.0 points and 4.2 rebounds per game as he went on to help Cholet win the 2010 LNB Pro A championship. He also earned the 2010 Most Improved Player award.
On June 24, 2010, Séraphin was selected with the 17th overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls. On July 8, 2010, he was traded, along with Kirk Hinrich and cash considerations, to the Washington Wizards in exchange for the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko. On July 30, 2010, he signed a rookie scale contract with the Wizards.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
NBA regular season
Séraphin was named to the All-Tournament team of the FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship 2009 after helping France to win the silver medal. He was member of the team in 2011, and France reached the finals of the FIBA European Championship, losing to Spain.
- "Kevin Séraphin Stats, Video, Bio, Profile". NBA.com. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Cholet, first pro contract for Seraphin
- Traoré and Greer MVPs of Pro A
- "Wizards Acquire Kirk Hinrich and Draft Rights to Kevin Seraphin From Chicago". NBA.com. July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Wizards sign Seraphin to rookie deal". ESPN.com. July 30, 2010. Retrieved July 30, 2010.
- "CAJA LABORAL adds Seraphin to frontline". Euroleague.net. September 20, 2011. Retrieved September 20, 1011.
- Kevin Seraphin accepts Wizards' 1-year, $3.8 million qualifying offer, according to report
- Wizards re-sign Kevin Seraphin, Garrett Temple
- Spain beats France to win European Championship