Kevin Smith (footballer)
|Full name||Kevin Smith|
|Date of birth||20 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Wallsend Boys Club|
|2006–2007||→ Wrexham (loan)||8||(1)|
|2007||→ Dundee (loan)||8||(0)|
|2008||→ Raith Rovers (loan)||17||(12)|
|2009||→ Raith Rovers (loan)||11||(6)|
|2009–2010||→ Raith Rovers (loan)||9||(2)|
|2011–2013||Queen of the South||35||(7)|
|2014||→ East Fife (loan)||15||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kevin Smith (born 20 March 1987) is a Scottish professional footballer who currently plays forward for East Fife. He has previously played for Leeds United, Sunderland, Dundee United, Notts County, Queen of the South and Dumbarton, and has also appeared for Wrexham, Dundee and Raith Rovers on loan.
Smith began his career with Leeds United, but was allowed to leave and signed for Sunderland in January 2006. He had loan spells with Wrexham and Dundee but could not break into Sunderland's first team and was released in June 2007 after eighteen months at the club.
After a lengthy period without a club, Smith began training with Dundee United in April 2008. He appeared as an unused substitute in the final two matches of the season and subsequently signed a one-year contract.
In July 2008, six days after appearing against them in a friendly, Smith undertook a five-month loan spell with Raith Rovers, scoring in his second match for the club. Smith was recalled from his loan spell in January 2009 after scoring 12 goals in 17 appearances for Raith; however, on 23 January 2009 he was allowed to return to the Kirkcaldy club until the end of the season. In April 2009, after helping Raith to top of the table with three games remaining, Smith suffered a broken leg and dislocated ankle, ruling him out for six months. Following his recovery from this injury he was loaned to Raith for a third time as he sought to recover his match fitness. He helped Rovers to that season's Scottish Second Division Championship.
He then moved to League One Notts County after signing a one-year deal on 2 August 2010.
It was announced on 25 June 2011, along with ex-Raith colleague Mark Campbell, that he had agreed terms but not yet signed for Dumfries club Queen of the South. His Queens debut was on 23 July 2011 the extra time 2–0 defeat away at Ayr United in the 2011-12 Scottish Challenge Cup.
- Raith Rovers
- Queen of the South
- "Sunderland sign Smith from Leeds". BBC Sport website. 26 January 2006. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- "Wrexham take Sunderland striker". BBC Sport website. 31 October 2006. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- Alexander, Nick (9 January 2007). "Smith joins Dundee". Sunderland FC. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- "Keane lets Cunningham & Miller go". BBC Sport website. 18 May 2007. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- McGuigan, Thomas (10 May 2008). "Rangers 3–1 Dundee Utd". BBC Sport website. Retrieved 30 May 2008.
- Lindsay, Clive (22 May 2008). "Dundee United 0–1 Celtic". BBC Sport website. Retrieved 30 May 2008.
- Dey, Graeme (15 April 2008). "United tie up ex-Dark Blue". The Courier. Retrieved 15 April 2008.
- "KEVIN SMITH OUT ON LOAN". Dundee United FC. 25 July 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2008.
- "Double injury will rule out Smith until October". Press and Journal. 22 April 2009. Retrieved 22 April 2009.
- "2 more to sign" www.qosfc.com 25 Jun 2011
- "Ayr United 2 – 0 Queen of the South" 23 Jul 2011 www.qosfc.com
- Kevin Smith career statistics at Soccerbase
- Kevin Smith career statistics at Soccerbase (Raith stats due to Soccerbase error)