Kevin T. VanTassell
|Kevin T. VanTassell|
|Member of the Utah Senate
from the 26th district
January 15, 2007 – present
|Born||March 3, 1952|
|Political party||Republican Party|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Kevin T. Van Tassell (born March 3, 1952) is an American politician and former manager of Zion's Bank in Vernal, Utah. A Republican, he is a member of the Utah State Senate, representing the state's 26th senate district in Daggett, Duchesne, Summit, Uintah and Wasatch Counties.
Early Life, Education, and Career
Van Tassell attended Brigham Young University and graduated from American Banker's Commercial Lending School. He is a banker by profession. Van Tassell is the past president of the Duchesne County Hospital Board and has been a member of the Intermountain Farmer Board of Directors, Vernal Chamber of Commerce Dinamites, and Vernal Rotary Club.
Van Tassell is married to his wife, Janice, who helps out in the Senate every year.
Van Tassell was elected to the Senate in 2005 and began his service in 2006. During his legislative service, Van Tassell was the recipient of the Utah Adult Protective Services Outstanding Achievement Award and the "It begins with Me Award" from Zion's Bank.
In 2014, Van Tassell served on the following committees:
- Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environmental Quality Appropriations Subcommittee
- Senate Government Operations and Political Subdivisions Committee
- Senate Rules Committee
- Senate Transportation and Public Utilities and Technology Committee (Chair)
2014 Sponsored Legislation
|Bill Number||Bill Title||Bill Status|
|S.B. 30||Uniform Driver License Act Amendments||Senate/ filed 3/13/2014|
|S.B. 32||State Highway System Amendments||Governor Signed 3/25/2014|
|S.B. 52||Utility Relocation on Highway Projects||Governor Signed 3/29/2014|
|S.B. 217||Public Utilities Amendments||Governor Signed 3/25/2014|
|S.B. 247||Utah Navajo Royalties Amendments||Senate/filed 3/13/2014|
|S.B. 266||Digital Media Technology or Equipment Act||Senate/field 3/13/2014|
|S.J.R. 4||Joint Resolution on Water Rights on Grazing Lands||Enrolled 3/16/2014|
Van Tassell also floor sponsored the following bills:
- HB0062 Recreational Vehicle Title Amendments
- HB0086S01 Utah Energy Infrastructure Authority Act Amendments
- HB0130 Mobility and Pedestrian Vehicles
- HB0199S01 Park Model Recreational Vehicles
- HB0238 Local Referendum Requirements Amendments
- HB0260 Local School Board Candidate Reporting Amendments
- HB0282S03 Amendments to Election Laws
- HB0315 Judgment Lien Amendments
- HB0344S01 Incorporation Election Amendments
- "Van Tassell, Kevin". Utah State Senate. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "Kevin T. Van Tassell's Political Summary". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "Van Tassell, K. Sponsored Legislation". Utah State Senate. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
|This article about a Utah politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|