From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up key in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Key may refer to:
- Key (lock), device used to open a lock such as in a door
- Key, a guide to colours and symbols used in a data chart, graph, plot or diagram
- Key (cryptography), a piece of information that controls the operation of a cryptography algorithm
- Key (engineering), a type of coupling used to transmit rotation between a shaft and an attached item
- Cay, also spelled key, a small, low-elevation, sandy island formed on the surface of a coral reef
- Key (map), a guide to a map's symbology
- Identification key, a method of deducing the correct species assignment of a living thing
- Single-access key, a method used for categorizing species using logical choices
- Samara (fruit) or key, a type of fruit in which a flattened wing of fibrous, papery tissue develops from the ovary wall, often called "helicopters"
Companies and organizations
- Key (company), a Japanese visual novel studio
- KeyBank, a bank headquartered in the Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio
- Key Club, a worldwide student service organization
- House of Keys, the directly elected lower branch of Tynwald, the parliament of the Isle of Man
- Computer keyboard keys
- KeY, a software verification tool
- Key, a data element which allows one to find associated data value or values by using a database index, hash table or a Memory location
- .key, file extension used by Keynote (presentation software)
- Key English Test, an international examination of basic level of English language.
- Key (comics), a DC Comics supervillain
- Key (Marvel Comics), a fictional mutant character
- Key the Metal Idol, Japanese anime OVA series
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (KEY), a 2010 game by Nintendo
- "The Keys" (Seinfeld), a 1992 TV episode
- Key, Iran, a village in Isfahan Province, Iran
- Key Island, Tasmania, Australia
- Florida Keys, an archipelago of about 1700 such islands in the southeast United States
- Key, West Virginia
- Keys, Oklahoma
- Key (music), the tonic chord of a piece of music
- Key signature, an indication of the key in musical notation
- Key (instrument), part of a musical instrument used for playing or tuning
- Keys, short for keyboard instruments
- Key (singer) (born 1991), South Korean entertainer
- Key (Son, Ambulance album), 2004
- Key (Meredith Monk album), 1971
- Key color (typically black), in the CMYK color model
- Key plate, a plate which prints the detail in an image, often using the color black
- Chroma key, a method to superimpose several video layers using areas of a defined color as a mask
- Key frame, a frame made by an animator from which other frames are derived
- Key light, the primary light source that illuminates an image or scene
- The primary tone of an image, as in high key or low key images
- Key (basketball), a restricted area around the basketball net
- Telegraph key, the button used by a telegraph operator
- Frederick Keys, a Double-A minor league baseball team.
- Keys, a truce term used in western Scotland
- All pages beginning with "Key"
- All pages with titles containing "Key"
- The Key (disambiguation)
- The Keys (disambiguation)
- Keying (disambiguation)
- Keyes (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.