|Traded as||TYO: 6861|
|Founded||May 27, 1974|
|Takemitsu Takizaki (Chairman)
Akinori Yamamoto (President)
|Products||FA sensors, measurement systems, machine vision, barcode readers, laser markers, and digital microscopes|
|Revenue||$2.60 billion USD. (2013)|
Number of employees
|4,000 (2014) |
Keyence Corporation (キーエンス Kīensu?) is a direct sales organization that develops and manufactures automation sensors, vision systems, barcode readers, laser markers, measuring instruments, and digital microscopes.
Keyence is fabless (fabrication-less) - although it is a manufacturer; it specializes solely in product planning and development and does not manufacture the final products. Keyence products are manufactured at qualified contract manufacturing companies.
- 1 Operations
- 2 Products
- 3 Company culture and reputation
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Keyence Corporation is a global company with a network of 16 international organizations that specializes in factory automation. Keyence Corporation earns over 2.5 billion dollars in yearly sales and employs 4,000 employees worldwide. As a direct sales company, Keyence salespeople visit customers on site with demonstration cases to show products live.
Keyence's range of products are part of the manufacturing and research processes in a variety of industries, including the electronics, semiconductor, automotive, food and packaging, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries.
Keyence manufactures a broad range of products, from the photoelectric sensor and proximity sensors to measuring instruments for inspection lines to high precision microscopes used in research institutes. These products are used by more than 200,000 customers globally. Products are shipped from Keyence's warehouses in Japan, U.S. (Chicago), the UK, Canada, Germany, Italy, France, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and South Korea, or from 148 agents in 31 countries.
- Fiber optic sensors (FS Series)
- Photoelectric laser sensors (LR/PR/PZ/PX Series)
- Safety light curtains (GL Series)
- Safety laser scanners (SZ Series)
Machine vision systems and vision sensors
- Flexible machine vision systems (XG Series)
- Smart machine vision systems (CV Series)
- Vision sensors (IV Series)
- Barcode readers (SR Series)
Industrial part markers
- Fiber/YVO4 laser markers (MD Series)
- CO2 laser markers (ML Series)
- Green/SHG laser markers (MD Series)
Measurement systems and sensors
- Image measurement systems (IM Series)
- 1D laser displacement sensors (LK Series)
- 2D laser displacement sensors (LJ Series)
- Optical laser scan micrometers (LS Series)
- 2D Optical Micrometers (TM Series)
- Contact distance LVDT sensors (GT Series)
- Scanning laser confocal sensors (LT Series)
- Spectral-interference displacement meters (SI Series)
- Digital microscope (VHX Series)
- Laser scanning microscope (VK Series)
- High-speed microscope (VW Series)
- Fluorescence microscope (BZ Series)
- Bar-type static eliminators (SJ-H Series)
- Blower-type static eliminators (SJ-F Series)
- Spot-type static eliminators (SJ-M Series)
Company culture and reputation
Keyence Japan is consistently listed in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun's yearly ranking of the "Top Ten Most Excellent Companies in Japan". A 350-million-year-old ammonite fossil is displayed at the entrance of the Japanese headquarters; other fossils of long-dead creatures align the corridors and meeting rooms. Relics are supposed to convey a tacit message to employees: keep aiming high or you'll become a fossil.
- 経営情報 ： 株式会社キーエンス
- プロフィール ： 株式会社キーエンス
- Keeping The Seats Warm - Forbes.com
- Keyence Corp. of America Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
- "Global Network & Local Offices | KEYENCE America".