Aerial view of Keyesport in approximately 1968 when Carlyle Lake was filling from the newly constructed dam. The town is now situated directly on the lakeshore.
|Area||0.68 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- land||0.66 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.02 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||619.1 / sq mi (239 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Keyesport, Illinois|
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.68 square miles (1.8 km2), of which 0.66 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 97.06%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 2.94%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 481 people, 212 households, and 132 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,193.7 people per square mile (464.3/km²). There were 274 housing units at an average density of 680.0 per square mile (264.5/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.96% White, 0.42% Native American, 0.21% Asian, and 0.42% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.62% of the population.
There were 212 households out of which 22.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.4% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.3% were non-families. 31.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.27 and the average family size was 2.85.
In the village the population was spread out with 20.8% under the age of 18, 8.5% from 18 to 24, 24.5% from 25 to 44, 25.6% from 45 to 64, and 20.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 106.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.5 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $22,679, and the median income for a family was $31,875. Males had a median income of $31,875 versus $18,250 for females. The per capita income for the village was $14,028. About 10.9% of families and 17.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 35.7% of those under age 18 and 11.4% of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Keyesport village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
- Allan H. Keith, Historical Stories: About Greenville and Bond County, IL. Consulted on August 15, 2007.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.