Keys N Krates
|Keys N Krates|
Keys n Krates - Toronto, Canada
|Labels||Dim Mak Records, Mad Decent|
The band formed in 2008 with a goal of bringing electronic instrumentation to life. Drummer Adam Tune says, “We are referencing everything from classic house music to Timbaland in our beats.” They have toured extensively throughout North America. In 2013 the band released their critically acclaimed EP titled "SOLOW" which was released on Steve Aoki’s label Dim Mak Records.
The track "Treat Me Right" off of SOLOW EP was premiered on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 program and received massive support from the likes of Diplo (and his project, Major Lazer), Flosstradamus and TNGHT. Their second single off of SOLOW EP titled "Dum Dee Dum" also premiered on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 program and received similar success. The music video for "Dum Dee Dum", directed by Amos LeBlanc received outstanding reviews The video has since be nominated for a Prism Prize as well as a Berlin Music Video Award. Keys N Krates later remixed the track, featuring G.O.O.D. Music’s Cyhi The Prynce, King Louie, and Tree. Flowinsky said, "we had so much fun doing that rap remix. We can’t wait to work with more rappers and vocalists in general."
Keys n Krates worked with artist Grandtheft on the release of the single "Keep it 100" on June 10, 2014, through Mad Decent Records.
In August 2014, the band premiered their first single off the new EP "Every Nite" which is set to be released in 2014. The first single titled "Are We Faded" premiered on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 show as well as the highly influential YouTube channel All Trap Music and Soundcloud. Billboard Magazine wrote, "The new single [Are We Faded] is dizzyingly sexy, pushing along at a slower tempo that's ideal for sweaty, middle-of-the-dance-pit grooving." The highly anticipated EP is set to be released in September 2014 in conjuction with a massive North American tour. "...safe to say we're going to be hearing a lot from these dudes in the next few months." - Do Androids Dance.
Keys N Krates successes has earned them spots in some of the world’s biggest festivals like Lollapalooza, Electric Zoo, Ultra Music Festival, Osheaga, and Sonar Festival to name a few.
- Blackout (EP) - 2012
- Lucid Dreams (EP) - 2013
- Treat Me Right (Single) - 2013
- Dum Dee Dum (Single) - 2013
- SOLOW (EP) - 2013
- Keep It 100 (Single) - 2014
- Are We Faded (Single) - 2014
- Every Nite (EP) - 2014
- McCarthy, Zel. "Keys N Krates, ‘SOLOW’ EP: First Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Geslani, Michelle. "Listen: Keys N Krates’ exhilarating new song, "All The Time"". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Keys n Krates Website".
- "Keys n Krates Release SOLOW EP on Dim Mak".
- "Keys N Krates New Single ‘Treat Me Right’ Out March 5th + Free BBC Radio 1 Guest Mix".
- "Keys n Krates remix Dum Dee Dum".
- "Keys n Krates About Page".
- "Keep it 100 Single".
- "Keys n Krates announce new EP and major U.S. tour".
- "Billboard Magazine".
- "Billboard Magazine".
- "Do Androids Dance".
- "Blackout on iTunes".
- Herr, Lindsay. "Keys N Krates - Lucid Dreams [EP]". Earmilk. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Treat Me Right on iTunes".
- "Dum Dee Dum on iTunes".
- "Keys N Krates - "SOLOW" [EP]". Earmilk. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Keep It 100 on iTunes".
- "Are We Faded on iTunes".
- "Every Nite EP on iTunes".