- For the desert tree of South Asia, see Capparis decidua.
|Elevation||188 m (617 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011 India census, Khair had a population of 48,251. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Khair has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 62%, and female literacy is 44%. In Khair, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Entertainment has also got its own space among people's lives and Khair provides its inhabitants the place where they can indulge for three hours, in form of two cinemas as listed below -
- Payal Theater
- Maya Cinema (Purana cinema Hall)
But now there is only 1 is left Payal Theater. The other is closed due to bankruptcy. Peoples from rural areas from periphery of 20 km around come to entertain here, It is a very cheap City for shopping.
Colonies and Roads
Khair's main colony is Nai Basti, Malipura, Teachers Colony, Omnagar. Other colonies & roads are Block Colony, Maharaja Enclave, Sharafan, Musalmanan, Gautman, Upadhyan, Kumharan, Shikarwar Mohalla, Hetram Nagar, Garg Vihar, Sai Dham, Gopal Nagar, Kisan Nagar, Mohalla Harnarayan, Nai tehsil, Purani tehsil, Gandhi Chowk, Subhas Chowk, Vishanpuri Chauraha, Chhota Chauraha, Tentigaon Tiraha, Somna Road, Palwal Road, Tentigaon Road, Vishanpuri Road, Hathras Road, Aligarh Road and Bahadur Ganj. Khair is well connected to Delhi, Aligarh, Hathras, Mathura, Palwal, Noida and Ghaziabad.
Diwali and Dussehara is the most popular festival celebrated by citizens. Many people participate and others come to enjoy this festival.
There are many educational institutes in the city and some of them are one of the oldest study centers in western Uttar Pradesh.
The main colleges of Khair is:
- Gurukul Public Sr. Sec. School, Somna Road, Khair (CBSE) 
- Hem Vidya Niketan Sr. Sec. School, Palwal Road, Khair (CBSE) 
- NCC School (CBSE)
- Rajkiya Degree College, Somna Road, Khair 
- Khair kanya Mahavidyalaya 
- Khushiram Degree College
- MSKS Kushwaha Degree College, Bhopa Nagla Road, Khair
- MCS Degree College, Bajidpur, Khair
- Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya, Sujanpur, Khair
- Khair Inter college
- RV Inter College
- Rashtriya Kanya Inter College
- Shri Ram Inter College
- Shri Ram Kanya Inter college
- Janta Inter College, Somna Road, Khair
- Adarsh Vidyalaya Inter College, Tentigaon bypass Road, Khair
- Bhagvati Devi Inter College, Manpur, Khair
- Hargovinnd Shishu Mandir, Khair
- SBI Bank (Roadways Bus stand and one more at Block Colony)
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Barauda
- HDFC Bank (Chandaus Adda, Teliphone Exchange)
- Bank of India (Agrasen Market, Opp. Peepal Mandi)
- Orientel Bank of Commerce
- ICICI Bank (Aligarh Road, Opp. Jeevan Lodge)
- Central Bank
- Gramin Bank of Aryavart
- ^ "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India by Nagar Palika Parishad Khair. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "GPS". Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "HVN". Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "PG College". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- "KKM". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
|This Aligarh district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|