Sumon at the rag concert of CUET (2014)
|Birth name||Saidus Salehin Khaled
(সাইদুস সালেহীন খালেদ)
8 January 1973 |
|Genres||Heavy metal, Progressive metal, Hard rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, producer, actor, businessman|
|Instruments||Bass, vocals, guitar, keyboard|
|Associated acts||Feelings, Faith, Warfaze, Trimatrik, Faith, Artcell, Kronic, dNA, Severe Dementia, Kral, Stentorian|
|Custom made MTD 5 string bass
NS Design Electric Upright Bass
Saidus Salehin Khaled, known by his nickname Sumon is a bassist from Bangladesh. He is also the vocalist for his band Aurthohin. He is sometimes referred to as bassbaba (meaning father of bass) by his audiences for his bass guitar playing.
He was a student of Government Laboratory High School, Dhaka. In the year 1990, he completed his S.S.C. and then joined music.
Sumon O' Aurthohin
Saidus Salehin Khaled played bass for a few bands such as Warfaze and Feelings before starting his solo career. In 1993 Sumon quit 'Feelings' and worked on his first solo project 'Sumon O' Aurthohin' (meaning 'Sumon and the meaningless'). The album was released in Eid of 1997. Sumon started performing under the name 'Sumon O' Aurthohin'.
- Sumon: Vocal, Bass and Guitar
- Titi (Faith): Drums
- Sentu (Faith): Bass
- Zubair: Flute
- Adnan: Percussion
- Tonmoy: Guitar
Titi and Sentu had to leave the band in October'97 as they had to make time for their own band Faith. Rumie, the drummer of 'The Trap' left his band and filled in. Sumon changed the name of the band to simply 'Aurthohin'. Zubair and Adnan left the band few months later. Then Shovon came in as a guitarist and vocalist.
Piklu joined Aurthohin in 2000. Aurthohin started the recording of their debut album in April. Shovon took a break from the band for educational purposes. Tonmoy also left the band. Ponir, who used to be the guitarist of 'The Gnomes' of Niloy Das, joined Aurthohin briefly but soon left the band and Rassel, the vocalist/guitarist of 'Winning' joined the band. In 2000, Aurthohin's debut album 'Trimatrik' had been released. Then Rumie and Rassel left the band. Shuvo, the ex-drummer of Jolly Roger, Phycho Death and Death Row joined the band end of 2001. Aurthohin started the work of their 2nd album on 17 November and released it on 10 December 2000 under the label of G-Series. Apu, the keyboardist of 'Triloy', started playing with the band as a guest member. 2nd album 'Biborton' was released in 2001. In 2003 Aurthohin released their 3rd album 'Notun Diner michhile'. 'Dhrubok', the 4th album of the band got released in 2004.
Illness and recovery
Shortly after Aurthohin's 4th album 'Dhrubok' got released Sumon's health deteriorated. Due to Sumon's illness, the band stopped almost all concerts. At the end of 2004, longtime guitarist Piklu left the band. In 2005, Sumon's jaw got dislocated, but he recovered. Aurthohin performed with the same line up until 2006. Kamal of Warfaze joined as guitarist. Then the band released their fifth album Aushamapto-1 on 2008 and Aushamapto-2 on 2011.
Sumon wrote a song about his battle against cancer which title is also "Cancer",that song was in Aushomapto 2 album.
Along with Music Sumon produces couple of TV show's. Those are
- Rocklink in ATN Bangla (2005–07)
- Lux Channel I Superstar in Channel I(2007–present)
- Bhoutist in Desh TV(2012–)
& did couple of musical show's in special occasion.
Sumon appeared in a radio show with Shakib Chowdhury & Gibran Tanwir titled "Bhoot FM" (a show on paranormal activities)
Sumon was one of the Judge on talent hunt show "DRockstar-2" by BAMBA with Shafin Ahmed & Partho Borua.
Also anchor musical show Rocklink(2005–07).
Sumon is the father of two children. Ahnaf Salehin(1997) & Aurora Salehin(2003).
Sumon O' Aurthohin / Solo
- Sumon O' Aurthohin (1997)
- Shopnogulo Tomar Moto (2001)
- Megher Deshe (A Tribute to John Denver) (2004)
- Akhon Ami (Duet with Anila) (2006)
- Sumon O' Aurthohin-2: Boka Manushta (2007)
- Oshamajik (1998)
- Trimatrik (2000)
- Biborton (2001)
- Notun Diner Michile(2002)
- Dhrubok (2003)
- Aushamapto-1 (2008)
- Aushomapto-2 (2011)
- Kokhono (Tarader Gunjone) (1999)
- Jodi Kovu (6 Band 99) (1999)
- Ektu Ghum (Rock with Radiomania)
- Olotpalot (Bappa with Rockers)
- Aaj Eshechi (Coming Back to life) (2011)
- Protichobi 2012 (Online release) (2012)
- Maa (Online release) (2013)
- Chador (Online release) (2013)
- Amjonota (Online release) (2013)
- Kothay Tumi (Online release) (2014)
- Hridoyer Smrititgulo (Online release) (2014)
- firstname.lastname@example.org. "Artists | Sumon ( Aurthohin ) | Interview". BanglaMusic.com. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "৯৬ ঘণ্টায় সমাপ্ত করেছি 'অসমাপ্ত ২' : বেসবাবা সুমন". Banglanews24.com. 27 November 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- The Daily star