||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
In 2002 he was described by Harry Kreisler of the Institute of International Studies at University of California, Berkeley as "one of the best known political analysts writing in the Pakistani press".
Ahmed was born in Jalandhar in 1943, from where his family migrated to Pakistan in 1947. He studied at the Government College Lahore. He was the former consulting editor of The Friday Times in Lahore. Currently, he is the consulting editor of Newsweek Pakistan, in Lahore.
- Pakistan: Behind the Ideological Mask (Vanguard Books, Lahore 2001) ISBN 978-9694023533
- Pakistan: the State in Crisis at Google Books (Vanguard Books, Lahore 2002)
||This article contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (November 2013)|
- Talk with Farid Zakria (interview is towards the end)
- Fear and loathing of Hisba Bill - Khaled Ahmed’s Urdu press Review, Daily Times, 20 November, 2004.
- Hajj: primal therefore satisfying —Khaled Ahmed Urdu Press Review, Daily Times, 18 March, 2005.
- Sectarian tit for tat - Khaled Ahmed Urdu Press Review, Daily Times, 25 March, 2005.
- No foreigners in North Waziristan? - Khaled Ahmed Urdu Press Review, Daily Times, 18 February, 2005.