A khantoke (Thai: ขันโตก, RTGS: khan tok) is a pedestal tray used as a small dining table by Lanna people (northern Thai), Laotians of Laos and by the people from Isan (northeastern Thailand), those areas where glutinous rice is eaten instead of the more "fluffy" rice which is eaten in the rest of the Thailand.
- Contain the cup of food when the rice and food are filled
- Fill in the flowers and candles
- Fill in the fruits
Khantokes are used as dining furniture to keep food served at a higher level than the ground at special occasions such as wedding parties, funerals, housewarming parties, and temple festivals. The range of foods that can be served at a khantoke dinner is unlimited. Khantoke is a container that is made from wood.It has a diameter of about 14 inches. There approximately 20 insize.Khantoke can adjust the food depend on your status social. Khantoke is the culture and traditions of northen heritage to the presentday,especially in Chaing Mai,Chaing Rai,Lumphun and Lumpang.
People in northen Thailand usually sit on the floor when they are eating as it is their traditional style and most of the housewives will cook food when the food is ready prepared ,It will be filled into Khantoke and now it is ready to be served.This is how Khantoke is popular in Thai's tradition until now
Activity of Khantoke
- Prepare location for the guests (table and seat)
- Build fence with bamboo and then stick them together and use coconut leaves split down the middl hunched like Pratupa.
- Stap down trees such as banana tree or sugarcane by circle them like maze
- Use the holy thread circle it ( when has more important ceremony )
- Set the pitcher ,chamber and clubbed Issy penny on cigarettes and tea leaves.
- Create lamp candle by using wax or candle stick around.
- Hire music band included salo ,flute and drums
- Bring Jasmine for host to give jasmine to guest when they are arriving at the ceremony
|This Laos-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Thailand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|