Khanakul I (community development block)
খানাকুল I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||172.40 km2 (66.56 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arambagh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Khanakul, Pursurah|
Khanakul I (community development block) is an administrative division in Arambag subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Khanakul police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Khanakul.
Khanakul I is located at.
Gram panchayats of Khanakul I block/ panchayat samiti are: Arunda, Balipur, Khanakul I, Khanakul II, Kishorpur I, Kishorpur II, Pole I, Pole II, Rammohan I, Rammohan II, Tantisal and Thakuranichak East and Thakuranichak West.
As per 2001 census, Khanakul I block had a total population of 221,832, out of which 112,183 were males and 109,649 were females. Khanakul I block registered a population growth of 13.00 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Khanakul I block had a total literacy of 51 per cent. While male literacy was 74.52 per cent, female literacy was 40.10 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Khanakul I". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.