Kharkiv International Airport
|Kharkiv International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт "Харків"
|IATA: HRK – ICAO: UKHH
– WMO: 34300
|Operator||"New Systems AM" LLC|
|Elevation AMSL||508 ft / 155 m|
The airport is the main airfield serving the city of Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city. Located to the south-east of the city centre, in the city's Kominternivskyi district. The main terminal at Kharkiv was built in the 1950s in a socialist neo-classical style favoured by Joseph Stalin. However, with the award of Euro 2012 to Poland and Ukraine, the Kharkiv International Airport has built a new modern international terminal in order to comply with UEFA regulations. The old building was renovated to become a VIP terminal.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||seasonal: Heraklion (begins 2 May 2014)|
|Astra Airlines||Seasonal charter: Thessaloniki|
operated by Tyrolean Airways
|Aviatrans Kiev||Seasonal charter: Budva, Sharm el-Sheikh|
|Kharkiv Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Heraklion, Monastir|
|Pegasus Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Kiev-Boryspil
Seasonal charter: Antalya, Barcelona, Burgas, Heraklion, Sharm el-Sheikh, Tivat
operated by UTair Ukraine
|UTair Ukraine||Baku, Kiev-Zhuliany, Yerevan (begins 22 December 2013)|
|Wind Rose Aviation||Seasonal charter: Sharm el-Sheikh, Sofia|
|Wizz Air Ukraine||Kutaisi|
|Vueling||Seasonal: Barcelona (begins 03 June 2014)|
Kharkiv International Airport is well served by municipal transport and is connected to the city's wider network of roads and railways via Aeroflotska Street and the M03 national trunk road. The following bus lines provide public transportation between the airport and the city of Kharkiv:
- Trolleybus 5 — Airport to Universitetska Street via Prospekt Haharina metro station
- 119 — Airport to Prospekt Peremohy via Prospekt Haharina metro station
- 152 — Airport to Mikroraion 552 via Akademika Barabashova metro station
- 225 — Airport to Akademika Barabashova metro station, transfer to Akademika Barabashova metro station
The airport also has a number of car rental offices and a large, secure, paid parking lot.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kharkiv International Airport.|
- Official website (English) (Ukrainian) (Russian)
- Airport information for UKHH at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- NOAA/NWS current weather observation
- ASN Accident history for UKHH
- "Passenger Traffic".
- "Mouzenidis Travel schedule". Mouzenidis Travel. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Flights "UTair-Ukraine Airlines" 31 March 2013 - 26 October 2013". International flights "UTair-Ukraine Airlines" 31 March 2013 - 26 October 2013. UTair-Ukraine. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "UTair Ukraine Schedule". Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Варшава - Харьков - новый маршрут Wizz Air в Украину". avianews.com by Aviation Today. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "Wizz Air начнет полеты из Харькова и Донецка в Кутаиси". avianews.com by Aviation Today. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.