Kharkiv International Airport
|Kharkiv International Airport
Міжнародний аеропорт "Харків"
|Operator||"New Systems AM" LLC|
|Elevation AMSL||508 ft / 155 m|
Kharkiv International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт "Харків"), (IATA: HRK, ICAO: UKHH) is an airport located in Kharkiv, Ukraine. The airport is the main airfield serving the city of Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city. Located to the south-east of the city centre, in the city's Kominternivskyi district.
The main terminal at Kharkiv was built in the 1950s in a socialist neo-classical style favoured by Joseph Stalin. However, with the award of Euro 2012 to Poland and Ukraine, the Kharkiv International Airport has built a new modern international terminal in order to comply with UEFA regulations. The old building was renovated to become a VIP terminal.
Airlines and destinations
|Astra Airlines||Seasonal charter: Thessaloniki|
operated by Tyrolean Airways
|Kharkiv Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen 
Seasonal charter: Antalya, Heraklion, Monastir, Sharm el-Sheikh International
|Pegasus Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Batumi, Kiev-Boryspil, Odessa (begins 22 June 2015), Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion (begins 17 May 2015)
Seasonal charter: Antalya, Barcelona, Burgas, Heraklion, Hurghada, Sharm el-Sheikh, Tivat
|UTair Ukraine||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Sharm el-Sheikh|
|Wind Rose Aviation||Seasonal charter: Sharm el-Sheikh, Sofia, Tivat|
|Year||Passengers||Change on previous year|
Kharkiv International Airport is well served by municipal transport and is connected to the city's wider network of roads and railways via Aeroflotska Street and the M03 national trunk road. The following bus lines provide public transportation between the airport and the city of Kharkiv:
- Trolleybus 5 — Airport to Universitetska Street via Prospekt Haharina metro station
- 115 — Airport to Prospekt Haharina metro station
- 119 — Airport to Prospekt Peremohy via Prospekt Haharina metro station
- 152 — Airport to Mikroraion 552 via Akademika Barabashova metro station
- 225 — Airport to Akademika Barabashova metro station, transfer to Akademika Barabashova metro station
- "Passenger Traffic".
- "Mouzenidis Travel schedule". Mouzenidis Travel. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- L, J (19 November 2014). "Ukraine International Airlines Adds New Routes in S15". Airline Route. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
Media related to Kharkiv International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (English) (Ukrainian) (Russian)
- Airport information for UKHH at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- NOAA/NWS current weather observation
- ASN Accident history for UKHH