Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics
|Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics|
|Rector||late prof. Mykhailo F. Bondarenko|
Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics (KNURE) is a higher education institution of the highest level of accreditation in Ukraine. It is one of the oldest Universities of Technologies in Ukraine with over 12000 students and 30 scientific centers.
It has strong research and education capabilities in electrical engineering, electronics, telecommunications, ICT and computer technologies.
KNURE hosts International Academy of Applied Radio&Electronics and the Eastern-Ukrainian branch of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), pioneered the development of distance learning in Ukraine. It has a high expertise in introduction of innovative technologies into education and business.
History of KNURE
The history of KNURE begins in 1930 when Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute (KEBI) was founded on the basis of building faculty of Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute and architectural faculty of Kharkiv Art Institute. In 1934 Kharkiv Geodetic Institute and Scientific Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography enetered the structure of the institute. In 10 years KEBI became the largest higher education institution of Ukraine numbering 1734 students, 200 teachers and 4 faculties: Architectural, Building, Sanitary and Geodetic.
In 1966 KIMBAC was given a name of Kharkiv Institute of Radioelectronics (KIRE) Soon after the declaration of independence of Ukraine KIRE got the status of University and became Kharkiv Technical University of Radioelectronics (KTURE) in 1993.
In 2001 the status of the University was advanced to the National University.
KNURE consists of 9 faculties and 30 departments:
- Faculty of Computer Sciences (CS)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Information Control Systems (ICS)
- Systems Engineering (SE)
- Computer Software (CSoft)
- Engineering and Сomputer Сraphics (ECG)
- History, language and culture of Ukraine (UKR)
- Faculty of Computer Engineering and Control (CEC)
- Electronic Computers (EC)
- Computers Design Automation (CDA)
- Information Technologies Security (ITS)
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Management (AMM)
- Applied Mathematics (AM)
- Informatics (INF)
- Economical Cybernetics (EC)
- Higher Mathematics (HM)
- Social Informatics (SI)
- Faculty of Radio-engineering (RE)
- Radio Electronics Systems (RES)
- Radio Engineering Fundamentals (REF)
- Radio Electronic Devices
- Foreign language (FL)
- Faculty of Telecommunications and Instrumentation (TCI)
- Telecommunication Systems (TKS)
- Communication Networks (CN)
- Metrology and Measuring Equipment (MME)
- Faculty of Electronic Devices (ED)
- Design and Operation of Electronic Appliances (DOEA)
- Technology and Automation Prodaction (TAPR)
- Engineering and Computer Drawing (ECD)
- Labour Protection (LP)
- Faculty of Electronic Engineering (EE)
- Microelectronics, Electronic Devices and Appliances (MEDA)
- Physical Foundations of Electronic Engineering (PFEE)
- Biomedical Electronic Devices and Systems (BED)
- Physical education
- Faculty of Life Long Learning
- Faculty of External Study
Awards and reputation
The University ranks first among technical universities of Ukraine by the results of the rankings made by the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine (according to “Education of Ukraine” №26 (1295) of 25 June 2012 and the website http://euroosvita.net ).
In the Compass-2012 rankings KhNURE is the 8th in general ranking, the 9th under “Technical Specialities” category and 4th under “IT Specialities” category.
The Compass-2012 rankings for Eastern Ukraine: general university ranking – 7th rank, 6th rank under “Technical Specialities” category and 2nd rank under “IT Specialities” category.
In the top 200 the university has retained its place since last year and ranks 15th among higher educational institutions of Ukraine and 2nd in Eastern Ukraine.
The University runs 16th among Ukrainian higher educational institutions in the rankings of scientometrical database Scopus
Strong cooperation within Tempus, INTAS, INCO-Copernicus, EU Joint- and Double-Degree Master programs, etc. allowed KNURE to become one of the first HEIs in Ukraine which introduced the Bologna principles and ECTS to its practices.