January 1, 1974 |
Tbilisi, Georgian SSR,
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||141 lb (64 kg)|
- Khatuna Kvrivichvili, CCCP(part of the Unified Team) at Barcelona 1992. At the age of 18, she won the bronze medal
- Khatuna Lorigi, while competing for Georgia in the Atlanta (1996) and Sydney (2000) Olympic games.
- Khatuna Lorig, from 2004 when she was unable to participate in the Olympic Games in Athens because of citizenship issues. At the age of 38 she started in the USA team at the London Olympics.
Lorig earned individual bronze and team gold medals at the 1990 European Championships in Barcelona competing for the Soviet Union. She also earned individual and team gold medals at the 1992 European Championships in Malta.
Lorig earned a bronze medal in women's team competing for the Unified Team at the 1992 Olympics. Lorig went on to compete for Georgia at the 1996 Olympics, and the 2000 Olympics as Khatuna Lorigi. Lorig became a naturalized U.S. citizen and qualified to compete in the women's individual archery event at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. There Lorig finished her ranking round with a total of 635 points. This gave her the 26th seed for the final competition bracket in which she faced Virginie Arnold in the first round, beating the archer from France with 107-105. In the second round she was too strong for Alison Williamson with 112-109 and via Ana Rendón (107-95) she achieved her place in the quarter final. There she was unable to beat eventual bronze medalist Yun Ok-Hee who won the match with 111-105.
- "Women's European Outdoor Champions". www.archeryeurope.org. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Athlete biography: Khatuna Lorig, beijing2008.cn, ret: Aug 23, 2008
- "'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence learned archery from expert Khatuna Lorig". KABC. March 26, 2012. Retrieved March 26, 2012.