Khawzawl is a census town in Champhai district in the Indian state of Mizoram. It was announced as a one of district capitals in Mizoram since August 2008
As of 2001census, Khawzawl had a population of 9286. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Khawzawl has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 76%. In Khawzawl, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The Main center of Higher Education is Khawzawl College.
The Different High Schools in Khawzawl are:
- Govt. Higher Secondary School
- Government High School Khawzawl
- Model High School Khawzawl
- Far-east Experimental School
- Presbyterian English School, Khawzawl
- Presbyterian English School, Khawzawl Vengthar
- St.Joseph's School,Khawzawl
The Distance between Khawzawl and Aizawl is 152 km and 42 km from the district capital, Champhai. Khawzawl is connected with regular service of Bus and Jeeps.
The Major Newspapers in Khawzawl are Khawzawl Times and Si-Ar.