Khemisti is a town and commune in Tissemsilt Province in northern Algeria.
In Roman times, it was called Columnata and belonged to the Roman province of Mauretania Caesariensis.
Bishop Martialis of Columnata was one of the Catholic bishops whom the Arian Vandal king Huneric summoned to Carthage in 484 and then exiled.
No longer a residential bishopric, Columnata is today listed by the Catholic Church as a titular see.
- ^ "Communes of Algeria". Statoids. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- ^ Stefano Antonio Morcelli, Africa christiana, Volume I, Brescia 1816, p. 145
- ^ J. Ferron, v. Columnata in Dictionnaire d'Histoire et de Géographie ecclésiastiques, vol. XIII, Paris 1956, coll. 347-348
- ^ Pius Bonifacius Gams, Series episcoporum Ecclesiae Catholicae, Leipzig 1931, p. 465
- ^ Annuario Pontificio 2013 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana 2013 ISBN 978-88-209-9070-1), p. 873
Coordinates: 35°40′N 1°57′E / 35.667°N 1.950°E