|Born||Khloé Alexandra Kardashian
June 27, 1984
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lamar Odom (m. 2009)|
Khloé Kardashian (born Khloé Alexandra Kardashian; June 27, 1984) is an American television personality, businesswoman, fashion designer, author, actress and presenter. In 2007, she and her family were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Its success has led to the creation of spin-offs including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami and Khloe & Lamar. In September 2009, Kardashian married basketball player Lamar Odom one month after they first met. However, she filed for divorce in December 2013.
With sisters Kourtney and Kim, Kardashian is involved in the retail and fashion industries. They have launched several clothing collections and fragrances, and additionally released the book Kardashian Konfidential in 2010. In 2012, she co-hosted the second season of the American version of The X Factor with Mario Lopez.
Life and career
1984–2006: Early life and childhood
Khloé Alexandra Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, California on June 27, 1984, to parents Robert and Kris (née Houghton). She has two older sisters Kourtney and Kim, and a younger brother Rob. Their mother is of Dutch, English, and Scottish ancestry, while their father was a third-generation Armenian American. After their parents divorced in 1991, Houghton remarried to the 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Bruce Jenner in 1991. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained step-brothers Burton "Burt", Brandon, and Brody; step-sister Casey; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie. In 1994, her father garnered public attention as the primary defense lawyer for football player O.J. Simpson during his murder trial.
As a teenager, Kardashian attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles. However, she became home schooled after her sisters' graduations, with Kardashian stating that "there was no reason for [her] to stay [because she] felt like [she] didn't have any friends." When she was seventeen years old, she graduated one year in advance with honors. In 2003, Robert Kardashian was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, and died that September.
2007–09: Career beginnings and marriage
In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kim Kardashian and her former boyfriend Ray J in 2003 was leaked, which largely contributed to her rise to prominence. Later that year, Khloé Kardashian, in addition to her mother Kris; her step-father Bruce; her siblings Kourtney, Kim, and Rob; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The series proved successful for E!, the network on which it is broadcast, and has led to the creations of spin-offs including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami and Khloé & Lamar.
On March 4, 2007, Kardashian was arrested for driving under the influence. On July 18, 2008, Kardashian turned herself in and reported to jail to serve time for violation of probation. She faced a sentence of up to 30 days and enrollment in an alcohol treatment program within three weeks of her release from jail. She was released from jail fewer than three hours later due to overcrowding.
In April 2009, Kardashian and her sister Kourtney announced that they were contracted to star in a spin-off, which followed their move to launch a D-A-S-H store in Miami, Florida. The series, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, debuted on E! on August 16, 2009. Starting May 29, 2009, Kardashian joined Miami Top 40 Mainstream outlet WHYI for a weekly four-hour talk/entertainment programm, co-hosted by 106 & Park 's Terrence J. Khloe and her sisters Kim and Kourtney made a cameo appearance in the Season 3 premiere of the series 90210. Kardashian made an appearance in episodes 2, 4, and 8 of Kourtney and Kim Take New York, which premiered in January 2011. On April 10, 2011, Khloé & Lamar, Khloe's own show with her husband, Lamar Odom, debuted.
Khloé has a business interest in D-A-S-H, a clothing boutique in Calabasas, Miami and SoHo, with her sisters Kourtney and Kim. In June 2009, Khloé and her sisters teamed up with the Natural Products Association to create a teeth whitening pen called Idol White. Kardashian appeared in one of PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaigns. The three sisters released a jewelry line in March 2010. In the spring of 2010, the sisters released a clothing line for Bebe. Bebe announced they were dropping the line in December 2010. In September 2010, Kardashian and her sisters released another clothing line, K-Dash on QVC. Kardashian and her sisters marketed a fake tan product, released in 2010 and called Kardashian Glamour Tan.
On September 27, 2009, Kardashian married NBA basketball player Lamar Odom, who was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers at the time. The couple were married exactly one month after they met at a party for Odom's teammate Metta World Peace. Following her marriage, Kardashian removed her middle name to include her married surname, becoming Khloé Kardashian Odom.
2010–present: International success and divorce
The sisters also released a book, Kardashian Konfidential, in November 2010. In February 2011, Kardashian and her husband released a unisex fragrance called "Unbreakable." In May 2011, Kardashian and her sisters announced the release of their first novel. Prior to publication, the sisters requested help with naming their book. The winner was offered a cameo appearance in the novel. In July 2011, it was announced that the winning title was "Dollhouse". In October 2012, Kardashian and Odom released a second unisex fragrance called "Unbreakable Joy," inspired by the holiday season.
In March 2012, Kardashian and her sisters Kourtney and Kim were named in a $5 million class action lawsuit against QuickTrim, the weight loss supplement they endorse. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, accuses the Kardashians (along with QuickTrim’s manufacturer, Windmill Health Products; the retailer GNC; and others in the sales and marketing chain) of false and deceptive marketing of the diet aid. The plaintiffs, hailing from several states, brought claims under their respective states’ consumer protection laws.
Kardashian's radio show, The Mix Up With Khloé Kardashian Odom, was a "one-hour, commercial-free show where Khloe will take requests, chat with her celebrity friends, and more during the Mavericks’ season while she’s in Dallas with her husband Lamar Odom." It aired on January 30, 2012. In October 2012, Kardashian and Mario Lopez were confirmed as the co-hosts of the second season of the American version of The X Factor. Their first appearance on the series aired on October 31. It was confirmed on April 22, 2013 that Kardashian will not return to co-host The X Factor USA for the third season. On December 13, 2013 after months of speculated separation, Kardashian filed for divorce from Odom, and for legal restoration of her last name.
|2010||Psychotherapist||Dannii Hillman|
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Current cast member|
|2008||MADtv||TV series (2 episodes)|
|2009||The Celebrity Apprentice||TV series (11 episodes)|
|2009–2010||Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami||TV series (26 episodes)|
|2010||Fashion Police||TV series (5 episodes)|
|2010||90210||TV series (1 episode: "Senior Year, Baby")|
|2011–2012||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||TV series (7 episodes)|
|2011–2012||Khloé & Lamar||TV series (20 episodes)|
|2011||Law & Order: LA||TV series (1 episode: "Benedict Canyon")|
|2012||Punk'd||TV series (1 episode: "Miley Cyrus")|
|2012||The X Factor||Co-host; 16 episodes|
- "Khloe Alexandra Kardashian, Born 06/27/1984 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- Nick Sagimbeni (January 9, 2013). "Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Robert, Kylie and Kendall Kardashian". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kim Kardashian (June 11, 2008). "Monuments And Momentous Times In Monte Carlo". KimKardashian.Celebuzz.com. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian's anger as Turkish Cosmo puts her on the cover as Armenia marks Genocide Remembrance Day". Daily Mail. Daily Mail and General Trust. April 12, 2011. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Real Story Behind Robert Kardashian & Kris Jenner’s Divorce Revealed: And It’s Nasty!". Radar Online. American Media. January 14, 2012. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Stephanie Hallett (February 18, 2012). "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner's Marriage: 10 Things You Didn't Know". The Huffington Post. AOL. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Jeff Mayish (May 1, 2013). "Ex-nanny to the Kardashians reveals Kris Jenner's temper and an O.J. Simpson trial kidnap scare". Daily News. Mortimer Zuckerman. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Now Kendall and Kylie Jenner leave Kim, Kanye and Kris to join father Bruce at 'palatial Malibu beach pad' for the summer". Daily Mail. Daily Mail and General Trust. June 28, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian Was Voted 'Most Likely To Lie About Her Ethnicity' In High School". The Huffington Post. AOL. July 10, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Khloe Kardashian Recalls Dropping Out of School – and Stealing Cars". People. Time Inc. April 29, 2010. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Robert Kardashian, a Lawyer For O. J. Simpson, Dies at 59". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. October 3, 2003. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian on Sex Tape: 'A Tape Does Exist'". Extra. NBCUniversal. February 7, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Ray J Sends ‘Love & Congratulations’ To Kim Kardashian & Kanye West". Access Hollywood. NBCUniversal. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kimberly Nordyke (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Karen (August 16, 2013). "Scott Disick is the Father of Mason Disick!". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Keeping Up With the Kardashians: Episode Guide". Tvguide.com.
- Fleeman, Mike; Lee, Ken (July 18, 2008). "Khloé Kardashian Enters – and Leaves – Jail". people.com. Retrieved December 19, 2008.
- "From The Futon Critic (April 21, 2009)". Thefutoncritic.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Caution: Kardashian Brand Extension" From R&R (May 14, 2009)
- "Kardashian Sisters Land 90210 Cameo". TVGuide.com.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (5 Jan 2011). "Official: E! Orders Reality Show Starring Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom, and Robert Kardashian Jr.". Hollywoordreporter.com. Retrieved 14 Mar 2011.
- "Idol White (Kardashian Smile)". Idol White.
- McKay, Hollie (December 11, 2008). "Khloe Kardashian Shows Some Booty in PETA 'Get Naked' Campaign". FoxNews.com. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- Moore, Booth; Critic, Fashion (2010-05-02). "Celebrities and Jewelry: Learning Their Lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Kardashian Sisters Get Stylish and Sexy with Bebe". The Houston Chronicle. 2010-05-13. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- German, Honey (2010-12-10). "Bebe Stores to Drop Kardashian Line". Honey German.
- "The Kardashians Collaborated With Janie Bryant on a Clothing Line". New York Magazine. 2010-08-27. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Quenqua, Douglas (2010-06-02). "‘Jersey Shore,’ Without the Sun". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Khloe Kardashian accused of 'violently' assaulting transgender woman outside Hollywood nightclub - NY Daily News". Articles.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Khloé Kardashian Sued for Assault and Battery".
- "Khloe Kardashian: Alleged Transgender Assault Self-Defense". Gossip Cop. 2012-02-03. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- Loading... (2012-05-14). "Khloe Kardashian To Pay $150,000 To Settle Assault Case? - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions". Entertainmentwise. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Khloe Kardashian Is Married!". People.com.
- Khloe Kardashian's Honeymoon Plans Still Up in the Air people.com, October 8, 2009
- Khloe and Lamar: Why the Rush to the Altar?". People. September 24, 2009. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- West, Latoya. "Kardashian Questions Answered". About.com. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Audiences a 'View' of Her Marriage iVillage, October 9, 2009
- Kardashian, Kim, Kardashian, Kourtney and Kardashian, Khloe. "Kardashian Konfidential", St. Martin's Press (November 23, 2010). ISBN 0-312-62807-2
- "Kim, Khloe and Kourtney to Write a Book: Kardashian Konfidential". UsMagazine.com.
- "Khloe and Lamar Make Scents of their ‘Unbreakable’ Bond with a New Fragrance" April 4, 2011, People Magazine, retrieved June 6, 2011
- "Introducing Our Holiday Fragrance, Unbreakable Joy!". Khloekardashian.celebuzz.com. 2012-10-18. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Kardashian Sisters Sued over Endorsement of Weight-Loss Product - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "In Time for Bikini Season, Kardashians Face Lawsuit Over Endorsement of Diet Aids". The National Law Review. Ifrah Law. 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Showbiz, Bang (January 25, 2012). "Khloe Kardashian to host radio show". The Star (Toronto).
- "Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez will join the payroll of "X Factor"". TMZ.com. 2012-10-02.
- Fox News (December 13, 2013). "Khloe Kardashian filing for divorce from Lamar Odom, reports say". Retrieved December 13, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khloe Kardashian.|