Among the herbs and spices used in khmeli suneli are: coriander, dill, basil, bay leaf, marjoram, blue fenugreek, parsley, safflower or saffron, black pepper, celery, thyme, hyssop, mint, and hot pepper.
This mixture is an ingredient of traditional Georgian dishes and sauces, such as Satsivi.
A recipe by Aliza Green  is provided below:
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons dried summer savory
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed
- 1 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried ground marigold petals
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 crushed bay leaves
Blend all ingredients in a dry grinder or coffee grinder.
- The Silk Road Gourmet: Western and Southern Asia, Laura Kelley, p. 59
- Recipe for Khmeli suneli. http://www.chow.com/recipes/10587-khmeli-suneli . Accessed 2012-02-22.
|This Georgian cuisine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This spice mix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|