Khojali (Azerbaijani: Xocalı), also called Khojaly, Khodjaly and Hojaly, is a rayon in the Nagorno-Karabakh break away region of Azerbaijan, now under the control of armed forces of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. Its capital is Khojali. The region was once a site of prehistoric Khojaly-Gadabay culture. It was the location of the Khojaly Massacre in February 1992. The local government has designated it as the province of Askeran.
- Ramil Usubov - the current Minister of Internal Affairs of Republic of Azerbaijan.;
- Elman Mammadov - Azerbaijani politician who serves as the Member of National Assembly of Azerbaijan from 124th Shusha-Fizuli-Khojali-Khojavend district. He's a veteran of Nagorno-Karabakh War.
- Alif Hajiyev - Azerbaijani officer, Commandant of Khojaly Airport and National Hero of Azerbaijan.
- Alasgər Novruzov - victim of Khojaly genocide;
- Tofig Huseynov - victim of Khojaly genocide;
- Fuzuli Rustamov - victim of Khojaly genocide;
- Araz Salimov - victim of Khojaly genocide;
- Tabil Hasanov - victim of Nagorno-Karabakh war;
- Inqilab Ismailov - victim of Khojaly Genocide;
- Shakir Salahov;
- Natig Ahmadov - victim of Khojaly genocide;
- Movsum Mammadov.
- "Biographies. Ramil Usubov". Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- Elman Mammadov (Autumn 1999). "Running For Our Lives. Massacre and Flight From Khojali". Azerbaijan International: 54–56. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
|This Khojali Rayon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|